Saturday, January 7, 2017

Jan. RSC: My Purples are Ready

 I've chosen my "game plan" for this year's RSC. I was going to return to last year's "made-fabric".  Flower Power play, but am not into it. I have too many other projects going on that I want this years RSC to be quick, one that will empty my buckets of strips. I saw this on pinterest and am inspired to make a crayon quilt for my classroom and another for a Happy Chemo or Project Linus donation.
Color Me quilt by Emily Herrick.  It makes a great scrap quilt.:
This will be fun, therapeutic sewing that will be easy to accomplish during my after work/school time of the day I'm setting aside for sewing. My purple bucket is overflowing with plenty of strips for this month's crayons, 

So with the weather continuing to be sub zero temperatures annnddd it's beginning to snow yet AGAIN, I'm staying in my jammies and I'm off to get started!
A big thanks to Angela for hosting this fun event once again. It's always fun to see the creative ways we all tackle our overflowing amount of scraps. I'm linking with everyone at:
grab button for SoScrappy
Happy Saturday Sewing everyone!
Thanks again for stopping by.
Next week's Tuesday Archives theme is: Needle Books.
Val's Quilting Studio

17 comments:

  1. Oh, that flower power quilt is SO YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun goals!! I like that crayon quilt, too, and it would be good for just about anyone young or young at heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two wonderful quilts with the colours of the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice of blocks for 2017. It has been snowing here all day so it is headed your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that flower quilt is FANTASTIC! What a lot of fun you'll have making those blocks!
    And the crayon blocks crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, that Flower Power quilt is right up your alley. We've had little snow (western NY), but lake effect snow off Lake Erie has left nearby communities with snowmeasured in feet not inches. Cold though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the crayon idea as well as the flower power! :) You go girl !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both the flowers and crayons. I look forward to seeing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your snow seems never ending! And to think we were thrilled with 2 inches here in GA. LOL I like your rainbow ideas, those look like fun. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great projects for the new year. Crayon quilt seems like a perfect classroom addition.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh...love the sound of your scrappy rainbow flower garden quilt! I can't wait to see what bright and happy ideas you come up with!! Are you in your jammies again?? =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That flower power quilt really IS you, and me. Have to find that book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow you really are getting loads of snow!
    Love that crayon quilt - perfect for a classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea: a crayon quilt to hang in your classroom! Inspiration for your students and a way for them to see your cool, creative side!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm still working on the same quilts as last year for the RSC, Pentagonal Star and Improv piecing, I think I got four of twelve blocks done for each of them, LOL but I'm looking forward to continuing with them this year! But I have several other scrap quilts in progress too because this year I'm scrap busting big time just to clear out some of the mess in my studio 😁 I look forward to seeing your progress especially on those adorable crayons

    ReplyDelete
  16. That crayon quilt is so cute. Definitely adding it to my list of someday-i-will-make-this projects!

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...