Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Rainbow Girl Progress

I can't wait to show you guys how I'm going to finish this one!
I haven't been in the sewing room since my stay-cation and am looking forward to getting back in there this weekend to get these girls bordered. Think scrappy "made fabric" 
I was thinking of joining everyone at Red Letter Quilts April OMG linky...but have about three more creative stages planned for this WIP. First, like I said, get those scrappy  borders done this weekend. Next, I want to add some perle cotton stitching. (I've admired this technique in so many of your quilts and want to give it a try.) Then, I've begun to sketch some fun, whimsical FMQ...which I want to save to do this summer when I'm not working. Once that's done, embellish the dolls with some adorable buttons I've been collecting. I geuss you can say this is one of those project that makes me want to:
Take time to do what makes your soul happy.:
I also want to be able to focus the rest of my sewing this month on creating that quilty hug for H2H , getting caught up on this year's RSC (My purples are still laying on the floor where I left them two weeks ago),  Andddd....finally, I want to finish my April, May wool banners. (That will conclude my year of wooly banners. YEAH!!) Whew, it's kinda motivating to get that all out of my head and down on "paper". Ya ever feel like that? Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm always grateful for your  support.
Stay tuned...
This week's DENIM themed linky is still open. Cute stuff this week!
Val's Quilting Studio

17 comments:

  1. your girls are so cute this is going to be a great quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a list maker - it keeps me focused! I can't wait to see the border on your Rainbow Girls. So far it is so cute!!! Looking forward to seeing all your progress on all your projects - You Go Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this piece! The scrappy girls...are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy these blocks are closer to being a quilt. It is going to be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to have you join the OMG challenge it doesn't have to be a quilt finish it can be any goal even a stage of your project that's finished. I'm sitting this month out all together because I wouldn't be able to finish even a stage of anything this month (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your girls just get better and better Val - it's such a joyful quilt!
    Wow wee do you have a lot on your "To-Do" list. I totally forgot to schedule in finishing ny H2H quilt. When is the last linky for that again?
    And I see you are doing the Race to Robie Creek too... wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your gals make me smile! Lovin' their direction Val!
    I hope you will link up, although I dont want you to rush the creative process! Your goal does not have to be a finish, perhaps finishing a sandwich (that was my Feb goal, which I managed, but have not touched since!). This month, my goal is only to catch up with a QAL, which seemed easy at the time but now, not so much haha! The goal does help keep me focused though!

    Thanks for the shoutout - cant wait to see more of these ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a delightful design, I really like your dolls and the colors you chose. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These girls are so pretty lining up around that sweet heart! Love the addition of the lacy trim and can't wait to see the scrappy borders you have planned. Have a fun weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your little sweet ladies. I have too little time to sew all I want.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always loved your Rainbow Girls! Sounds like you have wonderful plans for them! Good luck finishing up your other projects, I am amazed at how much you get when done working full time

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the layout on your rainbow girl quilt. I look forward to seeing your scrappy border.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The rainbow girls quilt is really fun. Looking forward to seeing how you finish it off.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how this one is looking so far. Like you I have wanted to try some perle cotton stitching, I do a lot of embroidery in quilts at the moment but not the simple stitching to quilt or highlight.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...