Monday, August 26, 2013

Busy Sewing Receiving Blankets

This week will find me busy sewing flannel receiving blankets together along with matching burp pads. I love making these over-sized blankets for new moms and they love that they are so soft and are larger than store bought ones. 

The finished blanket measures about 38" square. I just sew two flannels pieces together (right sides together), turn it inside out, add a decorative stitch along the perimeter and I'm done. It's a quick but well appreciated baby gift.
One set done and three to go!
With smiles,
Val:)


7 comments:

  1. Neat idea and so quick and easy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to have personal gifts like these on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet gift for new moms and babies. Do you give them to personal friends or donate to hospitals? Something we can all do and means so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make these for friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great idea, I will have to try it next time an acquaintance has a baby

    ReplyDelete
  6. FYI: The first thing the young mothers said upon opening this gift was: "Oh this is soooo much better than the tiny store bought ones! And I love that it's so soft and thick!"

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...