Friday, June 1, 2018

2018 Eye-Spy Swap is CLOSED!

Hey Guys! What better way to collect 200 different Eye-Spy fabrics than by swapping with our fellow blogger friends. Welcome! This is the official opening post for sign-ups!

All spaces have been filled.

Here are the details of our swap:

1. Swap Spots: This is a double swap. You can sign up for a maximum of two spots...but the fabrics for each spot needs to be different. Each spot gets you 200 squares, enough to make an Eye-Spy Quilt that is a about 46" x 48" . There are 36 spots available. This swap is closed.
2. Yardage: Each spot will find you committing to buying or destashing and cutting a 1/4 yard of 10 different I-Spy fabrics.
3.I-Spy Fabric: We are looking for fabrics with objects on them. Please be sure to use high-quality cottons. (Thick, soft, not see through...) You need to be able to tell what you are looking at within a 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" square. NOTE: Depending on your fabric choice, you may need to buy more than 1/4 yard in order to get an object into each 4"cut square. You can click HERE to see good and poor examples of eye-spy fabrics cut. Fabric must be unwashed, ironed and from a smoke free environment. Here's an example of some of mine from the last swap: 

4. Flickr Group: In order to avoid duplicates,have fun search for those unusual and obscure prints then upload pictures of your fabric choices to the  2018 Eye-Spy Flicker group  as soon as you can. Also, you can check the group before purchasing too. If you are unable to post to the Flickr group, email me your picture and I will add it.
5. Cutting Your Fabric: From each fabric you will cut 20 4" squares. Don't worry, if you end up one or two squares short of your fabrics, it's okay to trade in another fun fabric to replace them. Just make sure there are no duplicates.
6. Sorting: Please be sure to sort your squares into 20 piles that have 1 of each of your 10 fabrics. 
7. Stacking: Then please stack your 20 piles together once they have been sorted using a piece of scratch paper between them. Do not put individual piles into individual baggies. Click HERE to see what your stacks should look like.
8. Shipping: Ship them to me by June 22nd. Put your whole large stack into a ziploc bag, and include an index card with your name, mailing address and email address. (In a rare case I read where someones envelope opened during shipping. This method saved her blocks and she got them back!) You must also include a self-addressed stamped envelope so your charms can be mailed back to you. In addition, please triple check that the postal person put the stamps on the return envelope for you and that there is at least the SAME amount of postage that is on the envelope you are shipping to me. I will not be billing anyone through Paypal. During the swap if your return postage isn't sufficient, I will let you know by email and hold your charms until I receive the difference from you. Using a flat rate envelope for both is really the best = no problems. 
9. Your 200 Squares: Once I receive them all, I will sort and return your Eye-Spys within two weeks
10. You Ready??? Are you serious? Can you meet the deadlines? (As I want to make sure everyone gets their squares in a timely manner.) Okay, then here's what ya need to do to sign-up:
EMAIL ME:
(vworksofheart@gmail.com)
Subject line: Eye-Spy Swap
Your name
One or two I-Spy Spots Wanted
Mailing Address
Email Address
Blog Address
11. Confirmed! I will return email you and confirm that you are in the swap, at which time I will include my "ship to" address. 

Okay! Let's get started!

Send me that email and grab the "button"  below to help spread the news to your blog readers.
Hopefully I didn't miss any details. You are welcome to email me with any questions.

I specialize in edge to edge pantographs with over 100 designs to choose from.

Check out my Long-Arm Quilting page for details.
I offer FREE Return Shipping on all quilts in the U.S.A.



7 comments:

  1. Hi Val. Count me in. Sending you an email next :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in. Sending you an e-mail shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna play... just sent you an email. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one I cannot play, but will be watching all the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't join the fun this time because I'm still in Australia. But I look forward to reading all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sent you my info for 2 spots :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I won't make it in time to participate in this swap. durn I am very interested in your longarm services since I am in No. CA and just one state away. My first quilt I sent to a longarmer back east and had to pay some high shipping costs to and fro.
    Got you on my Feedly now so I won't miss your next hosted quilt event.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...