Wednesday, June 1, 2016

I-Spy Swap is CLOSED.

What better way to collect 200 different I-Spy fabrics than by swapping with our fellow blogger friends! Okay guys! This is the official opening post for sign-ups!

THIS SWAP IS CLOSED.

Here are the details of our swap:

1. Swap Spots: WOW! We filled all 36 spots! This is a double swap. You can sign up for a maximum of two spots...but the fabrics for each spot needs to be different. Each spot gets you 200 squares, enough to make an I-Spy Quilt that is a about 46" x 48" .
2. Yardage: Each spot will find you committing to buying and cutting is 1/4 yard of 10 different I-Spy fabrics.
3.I-Spy Fabric: We are looking for fabrics with objects on them. Please be sure to purchase high-quality cottons. (Thick, soft, not see through...) You need to be able to tell what you are looking at within a 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" square. NOTE: Depending on your fabric choice, you may need to buy more than 1/4 yard in order to get an object into each 4"cut square. Fabric must be new, unwashed, ironed and from a smoke free environment. Here's six of my ten so far: 

4. Flickr Group: In order to avoid duplicates,have fun search for those unusual and obscure prints then upload pictures of your fabric choices to the Val's 2016 I-Spy Swap flicker group as soon as you can. Also, check the group before purchasing too. If you are unable to post to the flickr group, email me your picture and I will add it.
5. Cutting Your Fabric: From each fabric you will cut 20 4" squares. Don't worry, if you end up one or two squares short of your fabrics, it's okay to trade in another fun fabric to replace them. Just make sure there are no duplicates.
6. Sorting: Please be sure to sort your squares into 20 piles that have 1 of each of your 10 fabrics. 
7. Stacking: Please stack your 20 piles together once they have been sorted using a piece of scratch paper between them. Do not put individual piles into individual baggies. 
8. Shipping: Ship them to me by June 22nd. Put your whole large stack into a ziploc bag, and include an index card with your name, mailing address and email address. (In a rare case I read where someones envelope opened during shipping. This method saved her blocks and she got them back!) You must also include a self-addressed stamped envelope so your charms can be mailed back to you. In addition, please triple check that the postal person put the stamps on the return envelope for you and that there is at least the SAME amount of postage that is on the envelope you are shipping to me. I will not be billing anyone through Paypal. During the swap if your return postage isn't sufficient, I will let you know by email and hold your charms until I receive the difference from you. Using a flat rate envelope for both is really the best = no problems. 
9. Your 200 Squares: Once I receive them all, I will sort and return your I-Spys two to three weeks later.
10. You Ready??? Are you serious? Can you meet the deadlines? (As I want to make sure everyone gets their squares in a timely manner.) Okay, then here's what ya need to do to sign-up:
EMAIL ME:
(vworksofheart@gmail.com)
Your name
One or two I-Spy Spots Wanted
Mailing Address
Email Address
Blog Address
11. Confirmed! I will return email you and confirm that you are in the swap, at which time I will include my "ship to" address. 

Okay! Let's get started!

Send me that email and grab the "button" to help spread the news to your blog readers.
Hopefully I didn't miss any details. But feel free to email me with any questions.
Val's Quilting Studio
Also, comment so we all know who is participating!

Val's Quilting Studio

12 comments:

  1. Hey Val, this sounds like a great swap idea.....but I will not be able to take part......will be watching to see the fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in.
    Shelia. stitchedfromtheheart@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope I'm picked to participate. I've only done one other swap several years ago. Thanks for hosting!
    sweetpeamarie2003@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't uploaded photos to Flickr since 2012 and things sure have changed. Anyway, I uploaded a photo of my 10 swap fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in! My mind is already stirring with what to make with all these squares! I'll email you: Jengardner525@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in Norway, so I won't be able to take part in this swap. But I will follow your fun on blog and Flickr.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Val - I sent you an email and would like to reserve 1 spot! I bookmarked the Flickr group too. This is a lot of fun and thank you for literally putting it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm passing on this one, but it will be fun to see all the novelties you get.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sent my email, received my confirmation, so excited to participate! Now to begin the hunt for my fabrics.
    I am in central California and the hot summer weather just started. That's great quilting weather.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so fun! I'm sorry I can t participate right now ,stupid health issues

    Lizzy at home to the beach

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent idea! I'm sure you'll all have fun with this swap. :-)
    Thank you for participating to my Fabric, Thread and Yarn link party. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...