Friday, June 3, 2016

June OMG: 9-Patch/Raw Edged Flower Quilt

grab button for RedLetterQuilts
Okayyyy this fabric has literally been sitting in this exact spot since...JANUARY 23rd!! Seriously, how does that happen? Soooo I'm going to dust these piles off and get them made into a 9-Patch/Raw Edged Flower  Queen size quilt! Yes, I said queen. I'm sooo excited because this means we are finally going to have a quilt on our master bed!! Anddd I'll get to do a little redecorating! YEAH!!
 But I have a "game" plan all sketched out in my Quilter's Planner and my secret weapon...I'm going to a three day retreat with my quilty friend mid-month!! She's making one too, so our pre-retreat plan is to have all our blocks and flowers cut out before we go. That's 250 3 1/2" squares for the nine patches,  49 9 1/2" background squares and 150 flowers. UGH!

And on the healthy side of life, I plan to go through this big jug of lemon, cucumber, ginger water every two days. Yep I even have a water bottle nearby to fill and grab as I dart out the door for errands and walks. I'm just always so amazed how much better I feel when I keep hydrated.
Welll..those are my two major goals this June...but as ya know, summer is my busy quilting time and I'll have a lot going on in the studio...but to get that pile of fabric made into a queen size flimsy on top of all my other quilty projects would be amazing!! 
 And, Heidi thanks for this monthly OMG linky! It helps...though I know I'm kinda late to the party. 
Next week's theme is: Faces.
Val's Quilting Studio

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely quilt, Val. With all the quilts you have stitched, I thought there would be one of your beauties already sitting on your bed. =) The retreat with your friend sounds great....happy planning, cutting and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemon, ginger and cucumber water you say??!! That sounds so refreshing and delicious. I must give it a try. You are not alone with fabrics sitting on your shelf for that long. So many ideas, so little time. Enjoy :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy cutting you will be glad when they are all cut out, drink sounds really nice and even better healthy too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with all that cutting - bet it helps to have something to aim for when you've got to get through a job like that. Your drink sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is easier with a friend. I'm sure your meet your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt idea sounds great! And staying hydrated sounds like a very reasonable goal! And looks so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always fun to start on a project that you've been planning for a bit. Good luck with your OMG for June.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I go to retreats just so I can sew and get one or more projects done! I think the planner is a great idea. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you've got this! Very exciting to have a quilt just for yourself. Enjoy the process!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with both goals.... Have fun with your I spy swap

    ReplyDelete
  11. At least you've picked out the fabrics for yours! I don't even remember how long I've had that pattern but have never gotten around to "stashing" it! Great retreat project! And your hydration infusion does sound yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Val!
    That's going to be a fun project! Looking forward to seeing how it progresses!
    Water with natural flavor beats the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't it wonderful having a project plan?? My mind is BLANK right now! I know I need to make some bed quilts but seem to be stuck on a creative blank page. I know this will pass! Good for you and all that water! Great idea to have it all made up; much easier to measure your consumption of water! You are so smart!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Late or early, you're here, and that's what counts! I really look forward to seeing what you have at the end of the month. How wonderful to go off with your best friend for three days of quilting! Have a great time. Your water looks good. I keep hearing about people making ginger tea, but that doesn't suit me and the water does. I may have to try that! desertskyquilts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun! I am working on the exact same pattern, with a nine patch, too. A friend had a baby a few months ago and fell in love with a line of fabric. I bought several fat quarters of it and knew she would love the French Roses pattern. I practiced on a taggie blanket I made a few months ago and it was a big hit. Can't wait to see your finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. how is the water drinking going? I might drink more if I had your jug here... sounds good actually. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...