Sunday, June 12, 2016

Summer Sewing QAL

I found the summer stitching project I needed! 
(Not like I need anoottthhheer project, but this one was hard to resist!)
When Paulette, who blogs at Sweet P Quilting posted this new BOM by Pamela Morgan for Moda Bake Shop, I knew immediately THIS was the exact project I've been looking for to fill my summer stitching needs. I spent the morning printing and ordering needed materials.
I "unearthered" my ol' stitch book and box of DMC Embroidery threads...
...and actually found myself a little reminiscent of the days when I was young.  I'd treat  myself to crafty things using my babysitting money. I'd tag along with my mom to the local Sprouse-Reitz Store. (remember those!)  and buy embroidery threads in every color along with this pattern below. (remember when patterns cost 49 cents??) I spent that middle school summer stitching this shirt for myself and was pretty proud to wear it to school in the Fall.
Click here to read all about this new BOM and 
let me know if ya plan on joining...we can stitch along together. 
Our next theme is: FLAGS
Val's Quilting Studio

16 comments:

  1. What a fun BOM to work on with all the cute kitties and such. I know you will enjoy every stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been tempted to start on this BOM, but I am trying to restrain myself and dug out my Down in the Garden embroidery BOM to work on for trip this week. I can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Val, I have just linked to Slow Sunday Stitching, I am ready to start stitching my Bee-courious. I am happy for finding someone who will do the same project. Let's stitch along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Promised myself I would not start anything new until I finished a UFO. Just couldn't resist this sweet stitchery. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great. But I really DON'T need another project now. Have to consentrate on my La Passion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice BOM I am very tempted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I DID click and it is so darn cute and tempting! Too much on the plate but it will be fun to see you working on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I first saw this project, I was seriously tempted--so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The BOM looks very tempting Val but I am trying to catch up on so many things that I will have to pass on this one. I do look forward to following your progress though.

    I love the shirt you stitched and I am so impressed that you still have it. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those projects are each so sweet! You have a great summer planned Val.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too saw this and could not resist though I had said no more BOMs etc!!Your shirt looks great

    ReplyDelete
  12. You say you have the patterns all printed. Did you trace on to the fabric or print on fabric with computer or did you do it another way...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the shirt you embroidered all those years ago. The new project lloks like its going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This new stitching project of yours, Val, looks like a lot of fun. Weren't you just the funkiest dressed gal in your youth....love the embroidery on your shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've book marked that BOM and am so tempted to join in, but with 4 graduation quilts to finish before next May, it just won't fit in the queue. I'll just have to enjoy your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks fun, but like you say I don't need another project atm LOL

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...