Friday, March 28, 2014

ALYof F March Chevron Quilt Finish

As described here, I wanted to transform this fat quarter bundle from this...

...into this Chevron Quilt. I used Kelly's (from My Quilt InfatuationChevron Tutorial and found this pattern  to be just as quick and easy as she proclaimed it would be, so this was not a WIP very long. I had to make do with an inside photo shoot due to the rain we are having...but Jackson didn't seem to mind.

The backing is the same blue butterfly fabric I used in the border and the binding is a Sketch fabric and the color is called Lipstick.(I love that name!) I couldn't resist quilting this with whimsical butterfly pantograph that includes the words: colorful, beautiful, and butterfly scripted between the fluttering butterflies! I used a bright variegated pink thread and this measures into a cozy 48" x 66" lap size quilt that I plan to keep and use. 

I'd like to thank:
Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts
and
As, without the motivation of ALYofF, I don't think I would have got this one done. Stop by & check out everyone's March finishes & thanks a bunch for stopping by to see mine.
ALYoF2014
 With smiles!
Val:)

23 comments:

  1. I love the fabrics that you used. Great finish!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic of fabrics on- the- line! and your finished quilt looks great, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your finish! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love chevron quilts! The picture of Jackson is adorable! Love that he is sitting on quilts with a quilt behind him! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hooray for YOU! It looks fabulous, and I'm so glad you found it to be easy! your pup is precious too!

    Thanks so much for showing this off at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun finish, Val! I love the butterfly quilting with the words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely finish Val -- woohoo!! It's on my list because I am in love with those Chevrons.... Thanks so much for sharing with us. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great! I love the picture of all the fat quarters hanging up. So much more interesting than just folded up on a table.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful fabrics! I just love chevrons! In fact, I finished a little one this week, too. Take care, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome job Val, the patchwork is lovely and the quilting is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wait, I swear you just started this project! It turned out wonderful. Love the fabrics and the quilting just beautiful! Way to go, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, and great quilting choice. The butterflies look perfect with the floral fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This quilt feels both modern and traditional at the same time. I really do love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks great. Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your fabric choices. So much fun !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  16. LURVE the quilting and your fabric hanging on the line! The quilt is beautiful :) Once again, Jackson has stolen the show! What a photogenic little ham!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Val I love the Chevron quilt. I am going to make a Chevron too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The chevron quilt is terrific! And I love how Jackson makes sure that he is front and center! Cutie-pie guy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the words you've quilted on there - very special for your own quilt. Enjoy., and congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely quilt Val! I love chevrons! Yours turned out fantastic!

    Thank you for linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  21. I made the same quilt from the same tutorial and I loved it. One of my favorites. I am trying to find the time to do another one. Yours is just beautiful, nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your bright cheery fabrics. I found Chevrons to be a such a fun fast and rewarding projects. May need to go back to do it again soon! And your quilting is Great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I learned to make a chevron with HST's while back...but I need to get out of my box and use my scraps to make the zigzags! Thanks for the inspiration and the linky party!

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...