Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tuesday Archives #16: Design Walls and Directional Prints

Val's Quilting Studio
Welcome to the linky party that let's you rejuvenate your old quilting/sewing posts! I'm so glad you stopped by as this week is all about sharing Design Walls and Directional Prints. I found two archived posts on the below blogs that are wonderful resources. I hope both highlighted blogs grab a button:
Val's Quilting Studio

DESIGN WALLS: 

It's hard to live without a design wall (or floor) as a quilter. I've used everything from the back of  flannel tablecloth to finally, creating my own design walls. I've seen so many unique and inventive design walls out there and am looking forward to having this collections of links to refer to in the future! Dig through those archives or even create a new post and share anything and everything that has to do with design walls. (Even if it's just a favorite WIP) Oh and here's the tutorial I used over at Ellison Lane Quilts to make mine: 






DIRECTIONAL PRINTS: 

Directional Prints are so much fun yet can be a little confusing to use.  I found this informative post on identifying and using directional prints at Sew, Sew, Happy.  Seriously, any and all projects that include directional prints are welcome today.




4 comments:

  1. Directional prints can certainly be a challenge, thanks for the helpful link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. for a design wall what I did was to get yardage of vinyl with the flannel backing or find a table cloth-I added groments to the top-and then I hooked to the bottom of a tall shelf I have made with plastic coated wire. works perfect for me-when not in use I just roll it up and tie both ends with shoe strings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had to post the recent blog about a new quilter (at 7) using my design wall. She was having a blast playing with layout. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't got a design wall but would love one.
    I am sure that I have used directional fabrics on many projects but I haven't photographed them or done any posts about them

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...