Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sunday Organizing: Counter Tool Storage

This is my cutting counter.


String scraps that I use for                      My Rotary                              Everything 
 "ribbon" on gifts and cards                       Cutters                                    Else
                                                                   

I love my counter tool storage system as it keeps everything organized, handy and better yet, it only cost me $18.00.(And it turns too!) You can make one too! 
Read on...

 First, get yourself a turn table. Mine is old, well used and leftover  from my scrapbooking days.

Next, find a container you want to use that will fit on top of  your turn table. I found mine at a JoAnn's on clearance in the picnic isle for $5.00. It fits perfectly on the turntable with about a two inch overhang around.

To create this, I visited my local $1.00 store and cruised the glass isle where 
I found an ample assortment of jars and glasses.

      I use the jars to store my colored pencils for sketching, embellishments for quilts and my go to thread for piecing. 

Jars also hold my nail file boards used for creating applique templates and scissors for cutting everything but fabric.

 And don't forget glasses! They are perfect for holding sharpies, pencils, highlighters, marking pencils, rulers, and other misc. tools as seen here:

 So there ya have it! A cutting counter storage assembly that keeps everything at hands reach and doesn't break the bank! 

I hope I've inspired ya to be creative and thrifty in your organizing!
Stop by Sundays for more ideas.
Grab my button!





15 comments:

  1. I think you have hit on a great idea!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. Everything is handy and conveniently grouped into containers so that you can just lift out one container at a time.

    I also like the idea of keeping thin scraps of fabric as ribbon. Now I am in danger of never throwing out my scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea, and colorful!
    I love tools that are handy and out.
    I'll try and take a pic of my storage tomorrow if it's okay to link up the following day.
    LeeAnna Paylor
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats pretty nifty, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative storage solution. :)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoy seeing how other quilters store and organize things so I love this series - thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The turntable under the storage caddy is a great idea! Your studio is sooo inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a nice layout. I see you are enjoying it. Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! I seem to always keep tweaking things in my sewing room, probably more than any other part of the house...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a turntable type storage piece, but it's packed away... It's much smaller than yours, so I have envy! I do see that you have my pica measuring ruler sticking out the top. Have you been in the printing business? I was a typesetter years ago...(sigh), I loved that job until computers and desk top publishing put me out of business. Computers have put lots of things out of business... it's scary.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your lazy susan storage is so cute! www.quiltartbymegan.com

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...