Monday, December 16, 2013

It's a quiet week of applique sewing...

I really want to get my Garden Party Applique done before the new year.
Luckily, after our dumping of snow a little over a week ago... 
...our weather continues to be "frightful".
Since we live in a valley, we often get stuck under what's called an inversion.  
 Today we had a dense, freezing fog all day and night. 
It turns everything white.
These little mounds of crystals form on everything
It's kinda cool looking...but with weather like this there's nothing cozier than spending the evenings cuddled up in my favorite chair, sewing my applique quilt, watching TV.
Hope your week off to a great start as well.
With smiles!
Val:)




8 comments:

  1. That applique quilt top is looking wonderful! We had awful weather last week and part of the week before but it is perfect here this week, I was staying indoors to sew all day anyway though today lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Val. Wow. Can't wait for the finish....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more! Stitching indoors is where it's at! Hope your week goes well and you can work out a finish for Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOhhhhh hadn't thought of that....maybe a Friday Finish is in my future! Thanks for the extra motivation Lorna!

      Delete
  4. Baby it's cold outside....but you look so warm and toasty! What a fantastic quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Val, I really love your quilt-the final finish is always so rewarding. beautiful photos-we had allot of fog last week, bad weather coming in tomorrow night

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a power of work is going into that applique! It is looking fantastic! Your weather patterns are very different to mine (we rarely have snow like that here) so I love seeing those photos. Keep warm! Have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gemini! Having grown up in the Arizona dessert, I so love living in a place with the four seasons....so I'm glad you enjoy the weather pics!

      Delete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...