Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Fun Events Coming in March!

Next Monday, I'll be: 

stitch by stitch

At which time I'll also be kicking off a brand new Linky Party here at Val's Quilting Studio:
You're personally invited to stop by every Tuesday to link-up and share your OLD quilting/sewing posts. 
It will be as easy as 1,2,3.
1. Each Tuesday I'll post two or three quilting/sewing themes.
(I'll be going in ABC order to help me keep track of themes. 
So far I've brainstormed over 150 topics.)
2. Search through your quilting archives for old posts to link under the theme.
3. Visit a few other quilty friends, let them know how they have inspired you.

 It will be a quick and easy way to rejuvenate your old posts 
along with finding focused inspiration.

March will also find me joining in here:
The Sassy Quilter
Check it out and join the fun!
I was bummed to have missed out on Lorna's Oblongagonalong (Man I'm Glad  I don't have to pronounce that one out-loud!)at Sew Fresh Quilts  . This one doesn't begin until March 21st, which hits right on my spring break, so I'll have plenty of time to prepare.
I can't believe how fast February has gone by!
Tonight I'll be machine binding (I've never done this before) my Crazy Heart Quilt, just in time to post for my Feb. ALYoF Goal. WHEW! I wasn't quite sure I'd make this finish!
Hope your week is going well.
With Smiles,
Val:)

22 comments:

  1. Wow...you are going to be one busy lady with all this fun quilty blog plans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like the "old post" idea. And I'll be seeing you at the Quilt-Along as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip. I just joined the triangles quilt along too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to be so busy. I love the "older post" idea I often think, has that person been following and seen my post on....
    I hope to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like fun...count me in, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like fun... I look forward to the Archives linkup as I know I've missed out on lots of good stuff. Even with the best intentions it's hard to find time to read back on other blogs that I find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How old do those archives have to be? ;) hehe What a wonderful idea! I stumble onto older posts when doing searches for specific things but it will be very cool to see the specific posts on specific topics. I will join the party even if I don't have a link!!

    Machine binding - LOVE IT :) Did you see Sassy Quilter's binding tutorial today?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your posts can be as old you want...or heck, write a new one and post it! (It will soon become an archive you can reuse later...LOL) My main goals are to keep this a quilting/sewing linky party and that people post archives according to the themes. That's it. :) So glad you are on board!! YAH!

      Delete
    2. Oh and yes...I saw the binding tutorial...I told Paula I was glad to have the refresher....

      Delete
  8. looking forward to the "old posts"!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to your linky party. First time machine binding? You can do it, Val!!! So glad to hear you are joining in the triangle quilt along at The Sassy Quilter!!!! Yeah! I am looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG you are a busy girl! I'll just follow you and see where that leads. I can't "along" though. Got a new priority quilt to do.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great Linky idea! And I am looking forward to sewing along with you for the triangle quilt :-) I am thinking of blues for that quilt ATM but haven't pulled fabrics yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to be pulling from all my fat quarter polka dots for my triangle quilt.

      Delete
  12. Great idea on the old post linky, brillant

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Val,
    Thanks for your comment on my blog. I think the problem is solved now. Just one thing, I and a zillion others would like to know how you manage to get so much sewing done and plan, and write, and teach and attend your house, do the shopping, cooking, ironing, look after grandchildren etc. Have you more hours in your day than we have here in Spain?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Revive old posts, what a great idea! I bet we'll come across some posts that we forgot all about.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome idea for a linky! Cant wait to party:) Thanks for sharing the Triangle Quilt Along and will see you when you host too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will surely be participating in this, Val! This is a fantastic idea!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oblongagonalong sounds like it could be the name of an Australian town.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...