Saturday, February 1, 2014

My Daughter's Favorite Batik Quilt

 Our youngest daughter is in the middle of her senior of college, and as most college students find themselves, once again in transition. We had all her things boxed and put in storage downstairs, when I found her "digging" through the boxes! "Ughhh....we just finished....what in the heck are you doing?" I found myself saying. She looked at me in anguish, "I can't find my batik quilt. It's my favorite quilt. I want to keep it with me and I don't know where it is".

Yes, of course I helped her move boxes....again! And here it is in the laundry! I smiled thinking this was just another one of those awesome ultimate compliment moments. 

I made this quilt before I starting blogging so I took advantage of the fact my daughter had it home this weekend and took some pictures to share:

I quilted each square with a sun motif.
 My favorite sun is the one wearing sunglasses on the blue block!

It has soft flannel backing that she loves.
Ooopppsss..just heard the washing machine buzzer, time to get it into the dryer.
With smiles!
Val:)

18 comments:

  1. What a wonderful quilt and I just love the suns in the quilting, fabulous! Stopping by from Lily's Quilts :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous quilt and it is great that your daughter loves it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilt and a wonderful story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful, Val! And the best part is that it's her "favorite" quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bright quilt. What a compliment that she wants it with her ! You must be delighted ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky me!!! Love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They never out grow their blankets do they! Love the sun motifs in the centers, add flannel backing and ya I can see why it's a favorite of hers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great quilt, no wonder your daughter loves it. I adore the quilting on it such fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love colorful quilts like this. They inspire happy thoughts don't they? Thanks for sharing. I came here from Show and Tell Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this quilt!! You did an awesome job - the quilting is wonderful!! Your daughter has wonderful taste!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the sun quilting faces! How wonderful that your daughter had to find her quilt that mom made! That certainly must have been a special moment for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful quilt and you know I love batiks! That is so neat that it means so much to your daughter! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a happy quilt. My youngest daughter is finishing up her Senior year in college as well. She has a few favorite quilts too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh to make something that someone loves, it just warms your heart.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...