Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Tuesday Archives #128: Kids Sewing

Welcome to the linky party that rejuvenates your old quilting/sewing posts! 
Please click here to read more about this linky party.  
Val's Quilting Studio

This week's theme is: KIDS SEWING 

I love sewing for and with kids!  But I sure didn't expect a trip to the store would leave me with a cart filled with "tractors",  "trains" and  "dinosaurs"....but our grand-guy got soooo excited when he saw all these fabrics he just starting pulling them off the shelf and loading them into our cart. 
Need-less-to-say, my daughter and I were cracking up!
 

We finally had to narrow it down to "two". Luckily one was a flannel, so it was easy to...
...sew them together into a quick "receiving blanket" he can use for preschool and for play.
So as you can see, I spent the better part of my long, last weekend of summer getting in one more weekend with our Grand-guy. Yet, admittedly, it was nice to have yesterday as a day off. I'm tired. I needed a home day filled with sewing, relaxation  and house-hold chores attended to.  In reflection, it's been a wonderfully busy, fun-filled summer I am so very grateful for. But, I'm welcoming this transition into Fall as a time of self-rejuvenation. A season to get back into my own routines of life. Which by the way, will kick off with me starting this little guys birthday quilt and dusting of the long-arm. More to come!



FYI: September's themes are posted on the sidebar.
Val's Quilting Studio

6 comments:

  1. He is sweet. This was a fun one for me. There were so many I could choose...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute story! It reminds me of shopping with my boys and that I still need to make a bag out of the hot wheels fabric my son picked out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sewing with kids for me is a passion. It was hard to decide which ones to post. :) Oh and fabric shopping with grandkids is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun. It doesn't get any better with age. If I take DT fabric shopping with me, she usually finds a pattern I "have" to make and she's more than willing to pick out the fabric too!

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...