Sunday, October 23, 2016

Wool Stitching...

Good Morning! 
To join everyone at Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching, I'm going to finish this little wool candle mat that I've been working on this week as part of Carole's Autumn Jubilee Event
I just have to add the recommended buttons. 

Have you seen any of the Wooly Block Adventure kits popping up in your local quilt stores??
I've been able to pick up three over the past couple of weeks and plan to get these cut and pinned today. That way I'll have some cute wool stitching to look forward to during my weekday evenings.
Jackson and I will get our Sunday walk in. There's always laundry and meal planning to be done. But other than that, a quiet Sunday lies ahead for me. For now, I'm going to grab a fresh cup of coffee, toast myself a yummy bagel and check in to see what all of you are up to...
This week's coming theme: HALLOWEEN!
Val's Quilting Studio

14 comments:

  1. Lucky YOU! None of our shops carry wool...so no Woolie Blocks here! :o(( I am happy to watch you stitch these up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I have not personally gotten into making these woolen applique projects, I have several friends who have made plenty. Oh I love how they look! Maybe after I get a few more UFOs out of the way, then I will cut loose and start some of these. Candle mats are the perfect size for finishing quickly, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think we have these in our area - I haven't seen them anyway. I am interested in combining wool applique with cotton piecing and have been researching and collecting books on such.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours is coming along nicely, thanks for the mention! My local quilt shops don't carry wool either, I have to get it online or at shows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many fun wool projects... I haven't tried this yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only wool stitching I have done came in a kit at a workshop day I attended. It was a cute little Xmas elf.
    Yours will be lovely....

    ReplyDelete
  7. How was your coffee? Sounds like you've got the right idea for cold, winter evenings ahead! Keep us posted on your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How I wish we had the quilting shops you have nothng local for me or even a bus ride away. Wool I do not think has got big here yet but I am sure it will make it way over the pond soon

    ReplyDelete
  9. wool is my faVorite medium enjoy stitching these up

    ReplyDelete
  10. just love all your balls of perle cotton stored in such a lovely carry all !
    Inspiring. ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a gorgeous collection of threads. Hope it was a fun stitching day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty candle mat with the fall leaves. That reminds me that I have a few wool mats that need cut and stitched.

    Hope you and Jackson enjoyed your Sunday walk :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty candle mat. I love working with wool fabric, especially at this time of year. I missed my Sunday walk with Scamp this week as I was away with our Guide unit. Hope you and Jackson had a great walk.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...