Sunday, September 24, 2017

It's SPIDERMAN!

I wanted to create an original "super hero" quilt for my grand guys birthday quilt this year.
He and I always have fun playing "Spiderman" with silly string and I wanted to capture that memory. I searched the internet for ideas and found none. When while on a walk I thought to use a color sheet.

I used my projector at school and enlarged it to the size I wanted for the quilt.

I then traced and cut all my pieces.
T
Then using the livingroom window as my "lightbox"

...I taped the pattern and my background fabric to the window and...

...with my Roxanne Basting Glue, positioned and secured all the pieces. I also marked the web for quilting. (Of which I ordered metallic thread for! Won't that be cool!!)

Here's what he looks like all sewn together: 
This one is going to be fun to quilt. Stay tuned!

I specialize in edge to edge pantographs with over 100 designs to choose from.

Check out my Long-Arm Quilting page for details.
I offer FREE Return Shipping on all quilts in the U.S.A.

19 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh that's going to so cute! Coloring books. What a great resource!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will be thrilled. Gonna be harder to keep up an annual BD quilt when there are 2.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, teachers have the best tools. Love your "light box" too. What a fun idea for a quilt to preserve your silly string moments. The quilt might be Spiderman, but you are SuperGramma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! He is going to LOVE this! I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you've had fun making this, I can tell! And your grandson will be absolutely delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is going to be a wonderful quilt. Your talent is showing on this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun quilt that I'm sure will be totally loved!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I happen to have a little grand guy who would love that quilt I think...he's in grade 4 this year and announced "No superheroes for my lunch kit." Can't wait to see this come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so creative of you! :)

    Spiderman is a big theme in my grandsons room at the moment as well ( But I didn't make it so / you rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always come up super duper fun quilts, Val. This Spiderman quilt is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a fun quilt! Your little grand guy is going to be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cool! The coloring sheet is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...