Saturday, January 4, 2020

New Year=New Calendars!!


What's your calendar habit?
One of my favorite New Year's project is to update all my new calendars with birthday's, anniversaries and special events. I pour myself a warm cup of tea, put on a sappy, easy to watch movie, pull out my huge notebook of Mrs. Grossman's stickers leftover from my scrapbooking days and get decorating!  
We have one kitchen calendar:

And I have a personal calendar/planner. 
This always seems to take on a different form each year, having yet to find a system that works for me. I want all my "stuff" together in one place. Thus, after spending a couple of week's reading and researching on Pinterest and U-Tube, I'm going to give a Traveler's Notebook a try this year:
Since this is something I'm going to use everyday, I splurged and treated myself to a beautiful leather notebook from Chic Sparrow. I ordered the Deluxe Tea House Earl Grey in a WIDE size.  I found a little Etsy shoppe called the: yellowpaperhouse.com that had exactly the inserts I was looking for. 
I ordered all of mine in the Cahier size. 
 Here's the notebooks I decorated and titles I set up:
The top three are my Monthly Calendar, Weekly Reflection and
Week at a Glance
notebooks.
The list lover in me is already enjoying this layout and  
and I'm planning to include a picture of the week:
My three other notebooks include: 
My Food Tracker
Project Sketch Book
and finally this one I labeled "PLAY":
It's called a Junque Journal and inside is a fun mixture of assorted papers to experiment with...mixed media, watercolor, black paper, craft and colored cardstock also lots of paper in an assortment of grid, lined and dot!! 
It's my intention to grow in my creative self expression this year. I think I'm all set. Because:
“Life’s not about expecting, hoping and wishing, it’s about doing, being and becoming.”
 – Mike Dooley, author, speaker, and entrepreneur
With SMILES! Val
.Bitmoji Image

10 comments:

  1. This looks like a fantastic idea for you. I'm sure the thickness will grow as you add to the pages. It's a great way to keep your life journaled. Enjoy the journey.
    Love your little pics at the end of your posts too. They are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one wall kitchen calendar too that is held to the frig with magnets I love those daily planners but I never really needed one-but I trying out junk-mixed media journals this year too I really enjoyed my fabric journal that I made for 2018 thanks for the links

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps those leather journals are beautiful and I love leather-I was looking around last week I found some gorgeous leather journals with handmade looking papers that I am still seriously of getting-perhaps practice my calligraphy into it-have not started that yet

      Delete
  3. I have just one calendar, but pull and tape up 3 months in a row - wall right behind the computer. All my meeting dates and 'to-do' activities. Then a pocket calendar in the purse for meetings and appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a large calendar on the kitchen wall. I coordinate that with my Google calendar. Each week, I look at both to make little daily index cards for myself to keep me on track.

    Since I still have kids in school, my calendar is August 2019 through December 2020. I'll switch over to another one next August, putting in all the school holidays, half days, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so organized, and you can keep track of everything. I used to have a day planner when I was working, but now I just use the one on the computer with another one on the kitchen wall. I don't have nearly as much to keep track of now that I am retired, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like you I haven't found one option that works best yet. But I do keep all my quilty business related paperwork in one binder now on my desk. I used to have papers and post it's everywhere. So that was one changed I made in January 2019 that I'm sticking with in 2020 👌

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Val! I'm back!!! I am a planner but you have brought this to a new level! However, I have to agree with you in that I like to keep all of my lists together and I have several also. I have used the Quilters Planner the last few years and that seems to be working ok. Better this year now that it was printed as a smaller book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I admire your continued search for a calendar/planner that works for you. You've definitely going all out on that front this year, that's quite a set up for this year. I've finally decided to stick with my computer set up, it's the one that I seem to keep up with best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got some great calendaring ideas going on here. I think we all have our little systems. I ave tried electronic calendars and don't care for them at all. My old eyes just can't read little things. I do keep a spreadsheet of my daily goals that helps keep me rolling. I also keep a medium sized planner to track my daily events and quilting goals. They have to be separated from my social, spiritual, physical, and intellectual goals so they don't take over.

    Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...