Monday, November 4, 2013

Wool Sampler Finished



 This summer I started a wool sampler with creative stitching inspired by Sue Spargo. It was fun to create and even more fun to practice my pebble quilting on!  

Here are a few close-ups of the stitching on some of the flowers:




This now happily hangs in my bathroom, truly making it easy to live, laugh and love!

Also for a quick tip on hanging quilts, I use:
These babies are STRONG! I've used them to hang larger quilts as well.

2014 will find me sharing more wool/creative stitching, as every year I treat myself to one BOM and Sue Spargo's BOM called: In Full Bloom is my choice for 2014! It will definitely make for some wonderful "happy mail" don't ya think!  
My 2014 BOM Project!
Hope your week is off to a great start. 
With smiles!
Val:)

Linked up with: http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/ and http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful Val... Your stitches are awesome and Greg choices on the wool. Is the background wool as well? Can't wait to watch that BOM come together for you. Congratulations on a great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful finish! Thank you for stopping by and playing the "Sewing Name" game. :)

    That BOM is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always like Sue Spargo's stuff! Your wool wall hanging is so adorable! Brightens up your corner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the colors and texture of the flowers is so pretty, Val!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Val, I remember you showing the block before and was a perfect wall hanging! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. your quilting sampler is quite striking, and i love what you've done with those beautiful wools and more. very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I love the stitching :) And thanks for the tip about hanging quilts- I've been wondering what is the best way to go about that :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats a great Stained Glass piece you have hanging in your bathroom to Val..Looks like something your husband did. Beautiful work..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the look of these materials, very eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your quilt.......amazing what felt and embellishing give a quilt. Thanks for sharing Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great Val I have never used wool so I will add it to the 'one day' list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful stitching! Your bathroom is lucky to have such a beautiful quilt in it! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so beautiful! I love those fuzzy threads you incorporated!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your wall hanging! I got into wool last year (and have a BOM WIP) and have one of Sue's books but am still waiting to try all the decorative stitches. You should have a lot of fun with that BOM this year!

    P.S. I'm glad I'm not the only bathroom quilt decorator!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! Thanks for sharing, Val.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...