Sunday, January 26, 2014

Jan. RSC: My Final Blue Blocks

Here they are:

I've decided for this project I'm going to let my right brain take over and really do some "out of the box" piecing!   Yep! You'll find me just "playing" on these Scrappy Saturdays this year and I'm enjoying sharing my creative process with you.  Out of all the projects I have planned this year, I already know this one is going to be my favorite! And so far, this challenge has provided just the amount play I've needed in my life.  I love that I was not only able to use scraps from my daughter's picnic quilt, but I spontaneously found myself incorporating pieces of their old denim jeans from when they were young. You can check out that post here. I'm thinking of creating a neighborhood of sorts...but we'll see how things evolve. I am so inspired by everyone's work so far in the RSC and am grateful to all who stop by.   Happy blue scrappy fun everyone!
Soscrppy
With smiles,
Val:)

PS: Click HERE for my Grow Your Blog Give-Away.





6 comments:

  1. Val, it is so funny! I am thinking if I tried to quilt it may look sorta messed up...but, your messed up looks like perfection. How do you do that? Such skilll...keep on quiliting.. have a great Sunday.. I will always drop by even though I do not quilt... I love quilts...collect many..just none I have made...Lol Blessings!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun blue improv blocks. So glad you found an excuse to play with your fabric. We all need a little more play time in our lives. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fun; I'm really impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. “Off the Cuff” quilting is such fun. As you can tell, I am really into it. Your blocks are so darn cute, and the idea of a neighborhood is just so cool.Got my Valentine’s table runner all pied today and now I am ready to start the hand quilting. Can’t wait. Am still in love with the picnic quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are just way too cute for words! I can see why you've already decided it is going to be one of your fav's of the year! :D I haven't been quilting for some time now and I am missing getting behind my Bernina and cruising through some patches! :D
    Hugs always

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you Val... I like to look at RSC as fun sewing too. These blocks are adorably cute!

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...