Sunday, June 21, 2015

Crazy for Wool Summer Sampler!

This is my summer project for hand stitching. 
I got the seasonal sets of these when I went the HMQS in May.
I've always wanted to try my hand at crazy quilting and these kits included preprinted, water soluable stitch guides. They will each finish 18"x18"...perfect for a seasonal wallhanging.
The kits are available at: SewCherished.com.
And now that I got my foundation all ready, I'll be using my perle cotton to stitch.
Please do feel free to comment and share your lessons learned as I am a newbie at this.
In the meantime, I'm off to find a Lifetime/Hallmark movie, sit down and give this a try.
Looking forward to sharing my progress with ya over the summer at Kathy's linky.
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Sunday Stitiching!

10 comments:

  1. Crazy quilting is so much fun! Enjoy the hand stitching. The pattern looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to wool also. I have a 4th of July candle mat that I am beginning to work on now. All I've learned to far is how to prep (wash) the wool and to use a chenille needle for stitching. (Not much, I know)

    I look forward to seeing your project.

    Happy Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love a bit of craziness, have not tried it with wool and having a break from the BOM this year, finally attached the loops for hanging the 2014 one on friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea Val!
    Sounds like a cozy time!
    Enjoy the stitching!
    Take care,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea Val!
    Sounds like a cozy time!
    Enjoy the stitching!
    Take care,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a great summer project! Never heard of preprinted water soluble guides for hand stitching... so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see all your progress on this project. I have never tried a crazy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am just finishing up a wool work project, love them! Can't wait to see your seasonal masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a fun little project to enjoy while watching a few good movies.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...