Friday, July 14, 2017

5th Annual Piggy Bank Challenge Begins!

Many of you are familiar with the water jug vs the pig competition that goes on in our household.
Click the picture to read more!
It started our innocent enough when four years ago I bought this little silver piggy bank to collect laundry change. Well, a year later, he was full and I cashed in at $102.45! I, of course, put my new found "savings" to good use and stocked up on fabric! So fun!!


Well, once my husband found out how much I saved, he started his own "bank of change". But also read somewhere that if you throw in a dollar or even a five dollar bill once in awhile, you can literally double your savings.

So here we are five years later sharing our challenge with you.

 Create a post and join/rejoin us for this year's 

the Piggy Bank Challenge!

Note: This Linky is open until  August 1st. 
Please feel welcome to grab the code on my sidebar and and help spread the work to all your readers.
Val's Quilting Studio
You know what they say:  a penny saved is a penny earned.
It's been fun to extend the challenge to all of you  and am looking forward to seeing who links up.
  1. All's you have to do is create a post this week sharing your "piggy bank".
  2. Include your goal of what you'd like to purchase with your savings come this time next year.
  3. Include the linky button above to help spread the word to all your followers. 
  4. Return and link your post here anytime this week until August 1st.
  5. Start "penny pinching". (Coins and bills are allowed)
  6. Next year we'll  all empty our piggy banks on July 6th and create a post exclaiming our totals, share what quilty purchase we're going to make and link up here once again to celebrate! (Don't worry, I'll send emails to all who link up this week with reminders.)

12 comments:

  1. I am not currently not writing a blog but I do like this challenge and do plan to participate this year. I liked the idea when I saw it last year but was late seeing it. I'm glad to be in at the beginning this year! Thanks! Cotten.gloria@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how much you can save. I've tried to play along, but we always seem to be on vacation when you wrap up the challenge. But it's fun to follow along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realised I hadn't signed up yet... lucky I checked

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in Val. . . . rolled $248.50 worth of coin last night (ok DH helped a bit when he came back from fishing).

    I am hoping that I will get at least that amount next year. I used to be really good about dumping my change every night. . . but I have gotten out of the habit recently.

    Thank you for the push to get back to the habit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a quilter though I love them, I am a figurative sculptor and I LOVE this idea. I had to join. what a great idea. I am also a new follower of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the last 40 years Frank has taken his pocket change and put it into a jar,every day. When we go on vacation we count up the money and cash it in at the bank. Generally over $250 each time! Nice bit of vacation spending money! With no pain in accumulating it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in again, Val! Last year was loads of fun. Thanks for hosting again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in for the year! I've been doing this for 5+ yrs but never added up over the course of the year how much was saved. Will be fun to count it up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm too late to add a link but I'm joining your piggy bank challenge for another year. I can't wait to see how much we all save this year.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...