Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hexagons On-the-Go + Kit Idea

 Anytime we go anywhere that is over an hour in the car, I am making hexagons! This past weekend we drove six hours (round trip) to see our daughters and I made hexagons.

And I got this done:

These are 1" hexagons. 

  Also, here's a peek at  my on-the-go Hexagon kit:

It's just a little snap bag. I love that they are quick to make only needing two fat quarters and takes  I've made them for my daughters bridesmaids, all the girls in our family,and  I think I have my own like the one below. Oh and they make great gifts! Okay, inside my little snap bag I have:  

  • my glass template 
  • a ton of paper templates
  • thread
  • needles 
  • scissors
  • pre-cut 2" strips. (BTW: A great way to use scraps!!) I usually have enough strips to make two flowers. As you can see, my glass template fits perfectly on the strips. I just snip, snip and start sewing. (My husband is such a smart guy. He makes stain-glass and thought of this little template for me.)

Easy as 1,2,3!

Purple 1"  Glass Hexagon Template

Happy travels for sure!
Val:)

PS: Hexagons are a great way to use up our scraps!!!

PSS: I linked up with Freemotion by the River, so if you are new to my blog, welcome! Take a look around. I'm glad you stopped by. 
Linky Tuesday at Freemotion by the River


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors for your hexies. Great kit as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hexie block is beautiful and that little snap bag is perfect for carrying your supplies! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Val! Nice to meet another quilting enthusiast! Your hexies are so cute. I will have to try those 1" size ones. I saw a video the other day where someone was using a glue stick making hexies (glue to the paper hexagon template). I picked up a glue stick while at JoAnn Fabrics. I can't wait to try it. Your little traveling snap bag is darling too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started my first hexy project and I love taking it with me. Your husband is a clever chap! I love the purples in that flower, very pretty :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Just how I made my hexies too - while on the move, but in the air and not in the car. I don't have a husband who's into handicrafts, so I rely on Marti Michell for my tmplates. Also good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A glass template, who'da thought!! Did you finish a hexie quilt?

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...