Friday, July 19, 2013

What I'm Reading:

On my bedstand: Elm Creek Quilts novels by Jennifer Chiaverini. I received my first, The Giving Quilt, for  Christmas from our youngest daughter. She thought I'd enjoy it due to my love of  quilting and involvement with Project Linus. 

She was right! Now I check in with our little  bookstore down the street often with the mission to collect them all.  I really like the main character Sylvia and her young friend Sarah and their developing friendship. I love the setting of the Elm Creek Manor and the birds eye view we as the reader get of their many quilt retreats. I am inspired by the development of friendships through quilting.  It's an easy, peaceful read before lights out each night. 

If you've ever been interesting in reading the series too, I've including the list of the novels in order. Don't worry about the titles with lines through them. I love making lists, and even more, I love checking things off my "lists". So, "crossed out" novels are the ones I've been gifted to by my mom. ( Also, the * = her historical fiction novels.)
  • The Quilter's Apprentice (1999)
  • Round Robin (2000)
  • The Cross Country Quilters (2001)
  • The Runaway Quilt (2002)*
  • The Quilter's Legacy (2003)
  • The Master Quilter (2004)
  • The Sugar Camp Quilt (2005)*
  • The Christmas Quilt (2005)
  • Circle of Quilters (2006)
  • The Quilter's Homecoming (2007)*
  • The New Year's Quilt (2007)
  • The Winding Ways Quilt (2008)
  • The Quilter's Kitchen (2009)
  • The Lost Quilter (2009)*
  • A Quilter's Holiday (2009
  • The Aloha Quilt (2010)
  • The Union Quilter (2011)*
  • The Wedding Quilt (2012)
  • Sonoma Rose (2012)*
  • The Giving Quilt (2012)
  • Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker (2013)*

Happily reading,
Val:)






2 comments:

  1. I love these stories also. I've been working my way through the series and only have two more to read; The Union Quilter and The Wedding Quilt. I started with Sonoma Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got started...so good to know that it's a series that keeps ya hooked!

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...