July 6th marks Bill and I's 2nd Annual Spare Change Challenge and this year we're inviting you to join us! In our household it's the water jug vs. the pig:
Last year was our inaugural spare change challenge and you can read all about my penny pinching ways and our annual "counting of coins" in last years post by clicking right here. Bill did save more than me last year, and unfortunately, this morning we went to one of those Coin Star machines at the grocery store and cashed in and this year was no different. Looser (me) had to buy the winner ice-cream! LOL!
- His jug was full and came to $102.90 in coins with twenty one dollar bills. Grand total of: $122.90!
- My little piggy came to a grand total of 39.90 in coins. But! I had $45.00 in bills. You know what that means: $84.90 for fabric shopping!!! Whoot! Woo! (I plan to save double the amount this next time around!)
- In one year of saving change and throwing in one and five dollar bills every now and then, we had a grand total of $206.52! Serious!
But! Now it's YOUR turn to join the Piggy Bank Challenge!
This Linky is open until July 20th.
I'm excited to extend the challenge to all of you this year and looking forward to seeing who links up!
- All's you have to do is create a post this week sharing your "piggy bank".
- Include your goal of what you'd like to purchase with your savings come this time next year.
- Include the linky button above to help spread the word to all your followers.
- Return and link your post here anytime this week until July 20th
- Start "penny pinching".
- Next year we'll all empty our piggy banks on July 6th and create a post exclaiming our totals, share what quilty purchase we're going to make and link up here once again to celebrate! (Don't worry, I'll send emails to all who link up this week with reminders.)