Wednesday, February 24, 2016

It's just my style...

My hubby texted me mid-day letting me know he had to work a late shift...till 9PM.
My response: "Okey Dokey...no problem. I'll wrap up things here at school, get in a long walk and hit the studio." I did all those things...what I didn't account for, is that my ambition may have resulted in one of my flower petals being unintentionally a little wonky! LOL! I decided...it's just style. 
I'm a gal who spents her days teaching 31 second graders, committed to her daily three mile after school walks with Jackson.  Admittably, I may have been a little over-excited at the opportuinity to wrap up the day with some sewing therapy.  As when I reflected upon my results, I noticed my imperfections. Yet, I decided I actually like them...because they are me! Especially because I had fun. I truly hope your sewing, knitting, and stitching bring your the same kind of therapy as they do me.

Val's Quilting Studio

17 comments:

  1. This is a happy block. It'll make you smile every time you look at it. That's success in my book! And yes, quilting is my therapy, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a pretty block hoping to see flowers in my garden soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks just like a beautiful flower enjoying the garden!
    That's real original style you have!
    Take care,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stitching any block is good for the soul. Enjoy it no matter the seams. Looks great

    ReplyDelete
  5. What would we do without our stitching therapy?? I love your wonky flower block, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It screams "spring is almost here" and that's all I see. :) Not sure I can see the wonky petal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly Val I just don't see it and besides once it's inthe quilt garden it will dance with all the other flowers. Spring really is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sewing, knitting and stitching is certainly therapeutic. Good for the soul. I love your style. This flowers has character!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't spot the wonkiness either. I think that our "therapy" brings us great joy to our days. Thank you for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see a very happy and charming flower--the real ones don't look so perfect either!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your flower - it's got personality. If you hadn't mentioned it was a mistake, I wouldn't have realised :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always say that perfect isn't flawless, perfect is finished. I love your spunky flower.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the fun little quirks in our work make them all the more unique. Your flower is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That little flower only makes it unique, it is your "signature". And it is lovely! I agree that knitting and sewing are very good therapy. Then we also have to accept that sometimes when we need therapy, we are not always able to do the craft perfect :) Have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always say it add personality and character to my quilts! Love your little flower. Don't you just love unexpected studio time??

    ReplyDelete
  16. When I look at vintage quilts it's the imperfections I love most. They tell me the amazing quilt maker was just another normal human being trying to use her craftiness. I adore the flower block 😀

    ReplyDelete
  17. When I look at vintage quilts it's the imperfections I love most. They tell me the amazing quilt maker was just another normal human being trying to use her craftiness. I adore the flower block 😀

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...