Thursday, February 11, 2016

Spreading Kindness...

Oh, not a Valentines goes by that I'm not reminded of the difference a kind, little note can make.
 I've watched my second graders all week, as they voluntarily give up a recess to joyfully fill each others bags with little notes of friendship. They themselves resisting a peek into their own. I'm reminded what a difference a few kind words can make as they each share their scribbled notes of "to" and "from".  It makes me grateful to be their teacher. It makes me thankful to have found such a caring group of bloggers/quilters as yourselves who spread kindness through quilting. (Stop by and check out our past CHARITY linky of Tuesday Archives to see what I mean.) 
Val's Quilting Studio
Here's hoping a little note of kindness finds it's way to you this Valentines.
And, heck, why wait? Buy yourself a box of Valentines and have a little fun yourself.
That's what I'm up to tonight. It's admittably, kinda fun!

14 comments:

  1. Your second graders sound so very sweet and I am quite sure with you as their teacher, Val, they learn about kindness every day in their classroom. Happy Valentine's.....enjoy those treats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sweet. I don't know that it is as big a thing here. I remember at our highschool you could buy someone a rose on Valentine's Day, but it was kind of embarrassing :) I completely forgot it was nearly Valentines Day until my son in year 1 reminded me when he hopped off of the bus today. He has spent the last hour or so making a letter or card for my husband and I. Apparently his class each made a valentines day card for someone in their families today, but my older kids did nothing valentines day related. And now my son in year 1 has just informed me that he is busy making everyone in our family a valentines day card, including our dog and our cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. not heard of this before but so nice to share words of kindness rather than sloppy valentine cards! The card shops are full of valentine cards here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love and kisses, and a tummy rub to Jackson, my favorite Valentine! And to Cami too. Your kids sound terrific. Sounds like you had as much fun as they did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me thinks those second graders are awfully fortunate to have you for their teacher! Happy Valentine's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah I could just picture those little kids having fun with you in class :)

    As to kindness I intend to EAT some very shortly...one of my sons dropped off some chocolate covered pretzels from a local chocolate factory. Now THAT"s a valentine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, wonderful students and so lucky to have such a great teacher! Kindness is so important at all ages! It doesn't take a lot of effort and it can cost nothing to be kind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet. A kind word goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always send a few cards for VD. It is such a sweet holiday
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little children learn from a great example of kindness Val! What a wonderful reminder to share kind words! Happy Valentine's day (a bit late)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute little bags. Sometimes I think we should do the Valentines Day boxes/bags at work, we could all use a pick me up with something fun and silly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet, I did some stamping this year too, and will link that up to your archives. It was a very special project, also to share some kindness.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...