Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Tuesday Archives #148: Valentines Day!

Welcome to the linky party that rejuvenates your old quilting/sewing posts! 
Please click here to read more about this linky party.  
Val's Quilting Studio

This week's theme is: VALENTINES DAY!

Happy Valentines Day!
Last year I shared how much I enjoy watching my second graders "get ready" for Valentines Day. I  always smile as I watch them joyfully fill each other's bags with secret notes and treats in anticipation of today. They continuously remind me how simple it is to spread a little kindness.

But as adults, Valentines is celebrated in many different forms. Perhaps it's how we decorate our house with tablerunners and little banners like my little one below. Or maybe it's in the gifts we give or in the chocolate we consume! (Just kidding. But my desk fills with LOTS of chocolate today. I secretly end up sharing it with the office staff and my husband's work.)

Or maybe you've actually made a Valentines Quilt like Nancy who blogs at PugMom Quilts. I quilted this one for her and loved this picture she sent to me of it on her bed with LarryPug.
Val's Quilting Studio

5 comments:

  1. Love is your felt mini. It's so cute. Working in wool is always a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet mini quilt! I think chocolate is just fine, as much as possible, LOL!! Give Jackson and Cami Valentine kisses from Auntie Carole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this years must have been my first for not getting a card. Things have been tough..

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of these days I will sew something Valentine's Day appropriate! In the mean time, my husband continues to assure me that everyday is like Valentine's Day and so no need for flowers, cards, etc. Should I buy that excuse????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I hadn't considered the amount of "treats" a teacher would get on that day.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...