Saturday, March 25, 2017

A Spring Walk & an Announcement!

Team Undertrained & Overconfident:
What better way to start my Spring Break than with a 10K in the back hills of Oregon.
My oldest daughter and I joined my teacher partner and some of her friends, as we tackled the Owyhee Mountain Trails her in Oregon. Once we got three miles of steep trails behind us, 
we enjoyed the 50 degree day filled sunshine and a few more miles filled with good conversation.

At mile four we found ourselves a little punchy
but with only one more hill to go, we persevered...

Finished!!!

And though it might be hard to beat those "team t-shirts" of ours...
this one our little guy wore upon his arrival certainly does in my opinion: 
YES! ""Someone" is being promoted to BIG BROTHER!!!
I can already hear Great Meme's knitting needles clicking and my own sewing machines humming!
Nothing like expecting a new grand-baby to reignite one's creative energy.
We're all soooo excited. We'll have to wait until May for the gender reveal...
but under then, one can start day-dreaming right!?
As always, thanks for stopping by!
Val's Quilting Studio

22 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new grandbaby to be. So excited for you. And congrats on finishing your walk. Looks like you had a sunny day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to all - how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like double congrats are in order. How exciting for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations for finishing your challenging walk and, of course, congrats to all on the new baby. I'm so excited for you all and look forward to seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great accomplishment, and what a nice day to hold the race! And congrats on the new addition to your family - very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the name of your team!! And very exciting news, Grandma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on finishing the 10K and the new addition to the family--whooo--hooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay congratulations that's really exciting 😍

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you two are awesome and then I didn't even have much time to revel in your awesomeness before cracking UP at the Big Brother photo! He is so darn cute in that...congratulations !!! :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrat on the finish and the good news of the promotion of grandson. I'll be waiting till May to hear what colors you will be making.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, lovely Val....sooooo happy for you!! Another beautiful wee one to make wonderful quilty hugs for. Well done on that walk.....I am surprised you were smiling and upright at the end. I am afraid I would be prostrate on the dirt with someone having to revive me. Have a wonderful week, lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Val!!!! We can share new baby sewing stories!! And lucky grandkids to have such a healthy, strong grandmother!! Bravo for the 10K!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats, congrats, congrats! Two of my Brown Bagger quilting buddies are also getting new grandbaby models this year! Must be a baby boom! I'm a little jealous--I need to steal a grandbaby for my own.
    Pugs and kisses,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on finishing that walk. Sounds grueling (but pretty!) to me. Double congrats on the baby news!! Such a fun way to get that announcement. Happy baby quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. how lovely to have another grandchild soon to arrive. Well done on the hike too

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic news... for both the walk and new grandbaby. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an awesome 10k! and big congrats to everyone-hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are awesome, running 10k!!!!! And...grandbabyyyyyyyyyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on both surviving the run and the new grand being cooked up! How wonderful to be anticipating a new baby to love. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...