Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Tuesday Archives #153: Tonals

Welcome to the linky party that rejuvenates your old quilting/sewing posts! 
Please click here to read more about this linky party.  
Val's Quilting Studio

This week's theme is: Tonals

Do batiks count as a tonal? I hope so because today I'm reminded how pretty they turn out as I rejuvenate this quilt from my own archives.  This was one of my very first quilts made for our  youngest daughter back in 2012. She has such a good eye for color and I'm now inspired to dig out a kit I bought to make my husband a similar quilt using neutral tones.

I'm also reminded  how much fun this one was to quilt as each square got it's own sun motif.
 My favorite sun is the one wearing sunglasses on the blue block!
I continue to love the bright batiks against the neutral tones and expect it's well worn by now.

Val's Quilting Studio

4 comments:

  1. I did a BOM with batiks in 2014, and found out I don't like batiks, LOL!! But I linked up the finish for your tonals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really understand what tonals is, but your quilt is so happy and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have added my tula quilt well made 3 with the 100 blocks but one I used batiks for

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love working with batiks. They have such rich colors.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...