Sunday, September 16, 2018

Evening Stitching

With Fall knocking at the door, it was so nice to end my busy week stitching at the kitchen table. The  windows were open and with a glass of "cheer" nearbyI finished my wool birdies and started to trace templates for the flowers that will all be added to my Sunnyside of the Street quilt.

Here's a peek at the birdies finished and blocks awaiting to be stitched together:
A happy weekend of stitching for sure. This week's plan: Once I get these blocks sewn together and it's flowers pinned and prepped for my evening hand stitching, I'm cutting into a bunch of SuperHero fabrics to make our grand-guy's birthday quilt. Luckily with his birthday only three weeks away, I found a quick layer cake/jelly roll pattern. (Hmmmm...I may have procrastinated on this one a little bit!) I tell ya, it sure feels good to be stitching and sewing again...especially as I'm able to open the studio windows and enjoy the Fall crisp air that has finally found it's way to our little part of the world. Hope your days are filled with a little bit of stitching as well.


14 comments:

  1. Oooo like the look of those birdies. Hope you get the birthday quilt done in time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are still hitting 90 almost everyday, but it has been cold enough in the mornings for me to put the windows up and heat on--so I can keep the top down on the Mustang convertible because by the time I leave work it is convertible weather! I haven't really worked with wool felt in a long time--I might need to bust something out. Thanks for the inspiration and good luck on the superhero quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those birds are too cute! Enjoy your stitching time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those birdies and bird houses are so sweet! They just sing fun, don't they. I am supposing that glass of cheer helped with quicker stitching. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a grandson with a birthday coming up that needs a quilt. I wish I would start sooner on these projects. . . because something I want to make more, always jumps to the front of the line. Your cute birdie quilt is almost done - nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute little birdies with the spirals above their heads! I'm glad that you're getting a little time in with needle and thread...and wine!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute quilt. Glad you got to sew this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute quilt!! It is great that you have some time to sew! Hug Jackson for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you are settling into your new job and finding time to sew. Perfect! Hope the job is going well. The blocks you are working on are so adorable. It will be such a sweet quilt when all put together. Good luck with the birthday quilt. I am sure that deadline will be met!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're definitely seeing the start of autumn here, too. This time of year always makes me want a new pair of shoes, lol. Vestiges of school days. Your weekend and evening stitching projects are perfect, I've still got my knitting groove on, which is just as well since the sewing room is full of junk at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Windows open sounds wonderful, Val. That won't happen here for months yet. :(

    Your wool project is coming right along. Makes me want to do some hand stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes I'll be stitching today for a few hours until I go to work in the afternoon πŸ˜€ I'm working on a Christmas eye spy ATM. I look forward to seeing your grand guys superhero quilt πŸ‘ŒπŸ’–

    ReplyDelete
  13. How pretty, love your birds and birdhouses :)
    Happy stitching.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun project! Makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...