Saturday, May 21, 2016

Annual Catch the Teach Fun Run!

I love Saturdays especially during the Spring. Today we headed out early for my elementary school's  Annual "Catch the Teach"  Fun Run!! Here's a pic of me with my cooperating teacher & our "quick" second graders that showed up for the event. 

They all enthusiastically "beat us" and one little guy was kind enough to come 
back and "walk in" with me! We enjoyed our walk, reminiscing over our past four years of teaching together, as this marked our last race together. Yep, my partner is transferring to a teaching position at the high school and though I'm selfishly sad and really going to miss our teaming, it's a good move for him professionally and as the football and baseball coach he  already is at the high school.
(Sorry for the blurry pic...race days are like that!)  
Just makes me sad. I hate missing people, don't you?  And it doesn't help that our district leaders have literally taken our whole administrative staff, at every level and has practically moved everyone around!  On top of that, eighty percent of our primary staff is leaving for a variety of personal reasons, and that leaves me alone with a whole new set of  administrators and teachers next year. (Darn it! I'm going to have to start acting all professional again! LOL!) Seriously though, there literally doesn't seem like a day goes by that I don't walk out my classroom door into what feels like a whirlwind of craziness going on around me.  Yet, as this May wraps up my 27th year of teaching, I know change in inevitable and that new opportunities of growth are right around the corner. But, for now I'm just going to feel sad as I celebrate and say goodbye to a number of people who have been a wonderful part of  life this past five years and look forward to a rejuvenating summer with family. 

PS: On a happier note: Don't forget Sign-ups for the summer I-Spy Swap here at Val's Quilting Studio opens June 1st!! Click the picture below to get a peek. I hope ya join us.

9 comments:

  1. Looks like you got a great start to your Saturday. I've worked for the same company for 27 years and just last month, they moved my supervisor to another group. Him I've known for 27 years, we started in the same group. Now most everyone I work with is new, so I get how you feel about next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great event to have with he kids! I know the summer will be just what you need and you'll be all set for September. They are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun event for the children and a great way to be outdoors enjoying spring.
    Val, I'm so sorry about that shockingly high turnover and mass changes at your school. That would make anyone sad indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so much better for the kids than sitting at home on their x boxes etc. Sad so many staff are leaving so many all at the same time hopefully the new lot are good and fun to work with too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a memorable run. Wishing you the best with all your changes at the school, but I'm looking forward to seeing your summer creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on you for your example and participation in this event. How sad to have so many changes in your professional life....but they will all love being around your fun personality quicker than you can run around that track. Have a lovely week, Val.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is definitely hard working in schools when the staff turn over is high. I'll be back at it five days a week when the year commences in fall, but I've decided to go back to being a paraeducator because I don't want all the take home work! So I've landed a job in a small school in a great school district here, it'll be a busy summer here prepping for my return to work, so much to do in the studio!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about all the changes, and the friends that you will miss. But change is always negative - just think of all the new friends you are yet to make :)

    When does the school year start and end in America? I find it so strange that it is in the middle of the year.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...