Thursday, March 29, 2018

March OMG: Finished!

I always love seeing how the quilting seems to "finish" a quilt top.
Since this fabric reminded of the the city with it's taxi and apartment building prints...

 ...I used a Car, Go, Go pantograph and really like how the cars added a new dimension the quilt.

Here's a close-up:

I found a wonderful "sketch" backing to compliment all the grey and blacks tones in this quilt and used a mustard colored thread for the quilting. I love it!

I found this pattern card on an end hook at Craft's Warehouse a few years ago for $2.99. It's called Summer Song by Villa Rosa Design. It used ten fat quarters and 20 5" squares. It was quick and easy
This one measures 46"x 58" and it's a keeper guys.
I'm happy to report this is my third Stash Buster for the year and I'm joining everyone else at this month's OMG goal party hosted by Elm Street Quilts. Click HERE to check out everyone's finishes.
Thanks for stopping by!

I specialize in edge to edge  with over 100 designs to choose from.

Check out my Long-Arm Quilting page for details.
I offer FREE Return Shipping on all quilts in the U.S.A.

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on a beautiful finish! The car pantograph is really fun. Congrats on busting some stash too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val wow what a wonderful finish,love the colours and the quilting design is so cute,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is spunky with its yellow and black. The cars are perfect and so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A powerful quilt! Simple design perked up with the choice of color and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great quilt, who is getting this masterpiece? I'm thinking the design and quilting would be perfect for your grand-guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and happy quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun quilt design! You did a great job with this. I like how the quilting design gives more juvenile appeal to a top pieced with kind of a grownup color scheme, if that makes sense. Great job! And thanks for linking up with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great finish. I love those colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful color scheme / it really POPS ! :) Congrats on a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very fun!!! I so completely love the quilting, particularly since I bought a Beetle last month - and it's mustard colored. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That quilting design was perfect for this quilt—such a fun finish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is just as cute as can be. What a fun panto! Congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks super, Val! You're right, it's the same pattern as my Olympic color quilt. Such a great way to use charm squares and FQs. I love the car themed panto, and yellow thread was the perfect choice to quilt it. Isn't it such a wonderful neutral, even in bolder hues like mustard? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I do love that quilt also. Yes, it would be a keeper. I love those pattern cards, as they are so inexpensive.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...