Thursday, March 1, 2018

March OMG: Windows FQ Quilt

Okay Okay....I admit, I impulsively bought this fat quarter pack a couple of years ago. I just really liked the variety of patterns and found the black, yellow, white, grey, combination irresistible.
 It's finally time to cut into it and get it turned into a little quilt that can be used. 
I picked a simple pattern and it will create a quick 46" x 58" lap quilt. 
My husband always asks me: "So what are you going to with that quilt?" And I always look at him confused with a: "I didn't realize I needed to do something with them?" look. LOL!! Do you ever find it hard to give-away your quilts? I'm hoping this one can be contributed to Sara's Hands To Help Charity event....but if I fall in love with it...I know I'll end up keeping it. So for now, my goal will be to get it sewn into a quilt and have it quilted and binding on by month's end...theennn I'll decide.
Linking up with everyone this month at:

I specialize in edge to edge pantographs with over 100 designs to choose from.

Check out my Long-Arm Quilting page for details.
I offer FREE Return Shipping on all quilts in the U.S.A.

16 comments:

  1. The question I get is 'Who is that one for?'. I have started randomly sending quilts to my aunts, uncles and cousins to deal with the quilt overflow here. Fortunately, I have a big family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! Right everyone in my famly already has atleast two! (Unfortuately...I have a small family)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be a very sunny quilt for sure. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These fabrics are spectacular. I have too many quilts that I like so much, it's hard to know what to do with them. I do have many family members and special friends who would appreciate a gifted quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice color combo! :)

    as to giving quilts away I am slow to finish the binding on my Botanical quilt for a soon to be married couple because I treasure it so much...hard to release it :) So many hours of tedious hand applique and then hand quilting in it...I guess that I just want to hold on to it a wee bit longer: )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Val boy i love those colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm, love that color combo. I see cars. I can think of a couple of little boys who will like to snuggle under it if you decide to keep it. I think I probably always know where a quilt is going to end up when I start it, and because my kick is in the process, I don’t have much trouble letting go. I just focus on what’s next. I do get the question “What’s that one for?” from my husband as he patiently stumbles around the mess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some quilts are harder to give away than others! I let the quilt tell me who will eventually receive it. If the quilt stays quiet, then I keep it for a while :) That yellow and gray and black fabric is really cute with the taxis and buildings and urban what-nots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see exactly why you were drawn to that FQ pack. The fabrics are great! So -- what ARE you going to do with that quilt? lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I feel very selfish because I love to keep my quilts. Love these fabrics, Val.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You could call it the bumble bee quilt. The colours work well together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like those colors and the prints are cute. It would make a great H2H quilt if that is what you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I have kept far more than I can really use, LOL, and still make more. I do send a fair number to charity, but the ones that I design or use a favorite fabric line on, I just cannot part with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great colors and patterns in that set. It should make up beautifully. My Guy has decreed that we have enough quilts living at our house, so any new ones have to go elsewhere. Well except for the coffee cups one, he said that one could stay. Which was good, it was one of his Christmas presents.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun fabrics! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...