Saturday, March 3, 2018

On the frame this weekend...

This is a fun, scrappy customer quilt that I'll be working on today. She chose a fun Dragonfly Fantasy pantograph that I think will look fun among these wonky log cabins.

I'm also inspired by her use of decorative stitches she included in each block:

Note to self: I totally want to do this!
 How about you? What creative ways have your used your machine's decorative stitches?
My curious mind is wondering.

I specialize in edge to edge pantographs with over 100 designs to choose from.

Check out my Long-Arm Quilting page for details.
I offer FREE Return Shipping on all quilts in the U.S.A.

10 comments:

  1. I love this fun quilt! Those decorative stitches are great for appliques too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun quilting that one up! I love the scrappy goodness of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little note to you, lovely Val; you so need to stitch one of the scrappy wonky log cabin quilts. Isn't it fun. The Dragonfly design will be perfect for this lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful and I agree the dragonfly will be perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, that looks like a blast to do! I don't have even a single decorative stitch, alas. My Juki is straight stitch only, and my little old Kenmore only has zigzag and a blanket stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a Pfaff with hundreds of decorative stitches, and the most I've ever done was crazy quilting decorative stitching on some Christmas stockings. Oh, and one jelly roll tote bag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that I used my machine's decorative stitches one time a few years ago around Christmas lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just used decorative stitches to quilt a toilet bag. I even sewed on the zipper by using those stitches, and I really loved it. You'll find it on my blog today, Saturday. Or you can make a March theme on your Tuesday Archive so I can link it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fun quilt. I use my specialty stitches similar as well as adding to quilting with the walking foot. I'm teaching walking foot methods and using those stitches to a couple of our quilting groups.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great embellishment - subtle and reminiscent of old crazy quilts. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...