Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Tuesday Archives #14: Dear Jane Quilts, Decorative Stitching & quilting Designs

WELCOME!!!

Welcome to the linky party that let's you rejuvenate your old quilting/sewing posts! This week is all about those Dear Jane Quilts, Decorative Stitching and quilting Designs. How fun! Christine, Nancy and Hilary I hope I surprised ya with your highlights. Grab a button and let's all get started by digging up our archives.

Val's Quilting Studio



Val's Quilting Studio


DEAR JANE QUILTS:

If you have been following my blog for any time, you know I am not an itty bitty quilter...LOL...but I sure do admire the work of so many of you who are! Like Christine from Quilting Stories. Here's a peek at her beautiful Dear Jane blocks. So whether you have finished a Dear Jane Quilt or have one that is a WIP...please do share. 

Dear Jane blocks






DECORATIVE STITCHING:

Like Nancy has shown us at here blog: Patchwork Breeze, decorative stitching can be done by machine and by hand. Be sure to click over to Nancy's to check out her very fun Big Love quilt and do share any and all of your favorite decorative stitches with us! />


DESIGNS (quilting):

I have been admiring the FMQ of Hilary at her blog: Hilary Florence Quilting Workshop.
She creates the most wonderful designs in her quilting. Andddd...I know she is not the only one out there who creates wonderful quilting designs. So whether simple or intricate show us you stuff!
free motion quilting original design


5 comments:

  1. I had to laugh when you said you don't sew itty bitty pieces, because I feel the same way. Sometime I would like to do a farmer's wife quilt, but I will enlarge the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I haven't started my Dear Jane in fact I loaned the book to a quilty friend because I am only halfway through my Tula Pink City Sampler so I know it'll be a while before I start another sampler. I hardly ever use decorative stitches, so I'm sure most people will have seen my repeat shared dog jackets, but that's about all I use them for. That'll make it all the more interesting to see how others use them. I bought a book by Carol Ann Waugh about using them to do art quilts but I haven't tried it yet. And as for the FMQ I stick to the basics like meandering so I don't ruin my quilt tops LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any pictures, but one Project Linus quilt got quilted with my hand print. I traced it off onto paper and sewed through it. Use that piece over and over until I needed it stiffer again. It was the most ambitious quilting I have done, and won't do it again. Without FM it's a lot of turning the quilt - a real upper body workout.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great party Val -- so happy I had something to add. What beautiful work your readers linked up!!

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...