Sunday, September 27, 2020

A New Baby Quilt!

Nothing like the anticipation of a new baby to get one's sewing mojo back!
Pattern used: Summer Song by Villa Rosa Designs.
Quilt measures 44"x55".

I love watching a fat quarter bundle turn into a wonderful quilt. 
For this one I used a Purples Bella Solid pack. 
I've never made a commissioned quilt. But this was for a work friend who wanted something special for her new little niece. She requested solid purples with grays. 
I don't think I've ever made a quilt from solids...and this one has quickly become a favorite!

I used my Beautiful, Colorful, Butterfly pantograph to add a girly touch.

I found a fun "Love You To The Moon and Back" gray backing...

...and I was sure to create a tag that our friend could personalize for her new niece.


I had some backing left over so made a matching receiving blanket too. 
I love the texture of the pom-pom trim, don't you?
I have more baby quilts to make before December and may use this pattern again??
Between the cooler Fall weather and the anticipation of babies, it feels good to be sewing again.
With smiles. Val



8 comments:

  1. Hi, again. Miss you. So you have the long arm set up again. Hope you keep your mojo going and we see more of you soon.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have indeed turned those Purple Bella Solids' into a gorgeous baby quilt, Val. It is lovely to visit your lovely place again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is very pretty and I love the colours. It's definitely a pattern that can be repeated but will look different every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty1 Perfect for a baby girl. I really like the butterfly quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wonderful and so much fun to see this purplicious quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a delightful quilt 💗👌 Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet and fun! I'm sure your friend will be thrilled with it, as will the new mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great,love the backing and the panto you chose! Give precious Jackson an ear rub!

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...