Monday, February 24, 2014

How do I quilt this? DONE!

Here it is:
I used Superior Thread's King Tut Chariot of Fire (#929) on the front. It blended perfectly.
 Last week when I asked: How do I quilt this? The support and input I received from everyone was exactly what I needed to get going! Check it out: Basketball Flames!!!
 Perfect for a Project Linus recipient!!! 
You can really see the design on the back as shown above and below. I used Superior Thread's So Fine #50 Hot Chilies (#412) on the back and I like how the design  "pops"! 
Why I got so stumped I have no idea...everything just flowed today! LOL! 

But! It was so nice to learn I'm in good company when it comes to deciding how to quilt a top sometimes.  I also learned from your comments and input, a few "answers" to that question: "How do we know how to quilt a top sometimes?" 1.We need to follow our instincts & let the quilt speak to us. 2. We need to take into account who or what our "audience" is.  3. Sometimes less is more & simple is better. 4. Walk away from a project and return to it with fresh eyes. And finally, 5. Have fun, don't over think it. 
THANK YOU to everyone for your genuine support in commenting last week!! (I am seriously grateful and appreciative.) I feel like I took off those  "long-arm training wheels" as I quilted with greater confidence today.

And well, before I wrap up this post and go put on some tea and sit down to do some stitching and watch The Amazing Race, we've all come to know a "quilting photo shoot" around here is not complete without Mr. Jackson and today was no different! Our snow is gone and every single time we go outside he just wants to play ball...and we do! Over and over and over. He is 100% Jack Russell  that is for sure!
With smiles,
Val:)

27 comments:

  1. Amazing! It is definitely perfect quilting for your audience. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it turned out wonderful! And I watched the amazing race too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. turned out awesome Val and Jackson always has me smiling-he looks like he just had a bath too-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! He did get a bathe! We finally have some sunshine and 49 degree days....

      Delete
  4. You found a good solution, Val. I'm sure it will be well appreciated in its new home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Atta girl! You did a great job.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is the perfect quilting pattern! And you did a wonderful job! Jackson is a riot! Finally, I am jealous that all your snow is gone...want some of ours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell ya to feel a little sunshine on my face....is wonderful! Jackson and I got in two long walks this weekend. To say the least, we both feel a little bit better.

      Delete
  7. PERFECT choice!! And beautifully executed!! You most definitely threw those training wheels in the trash on this one!!

    And Jackson - TOO cute for words!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny pic..love the thought bubble!!! :) The quilt turned out great...must have been darn tough with so many patterns to choose from! What's next haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! I love how you quilted this, basketballs and flames, never would have thought of that, glad you did, this is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All I could think when I saw this wonderful quilting is "goodness, gracious, great balls of fire"! Someone is going to love this one! Well done Val!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute pattern! Definitely perfect for Project Linus.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK...I totally LOVE this quilting! It fits this top perfectly. Your pup is so cute. Congrats on another finish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome job, Val! The quilting is too perfect. Love your quilting buddy too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE LOVE LOVE the flaming basketballs. Someone is going to be tickled pink to have those! What fun

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, i love the basketball! You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. An email from my mom: I love the way you did the red and yellow quilt. Great job. And of course, Jackson made the picture perfect. You are doing such good work, Keep it up Love Mom. I love that she follows my blog! Thanks Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think you just made the leap to doing wheelies! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Basketball flames!!! How rad. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is the perfect quilting for this quilt. awesome! The recipient will surely love it!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  20. Flaming basketballs---who knew they would look so awesome on a quilt! What a fantastic design for this quilt! You did a great job on this!

    Thank you for linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  21. This would be very cool for a basketball lover. Do the kids get a choice in what quilt they get?

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...