I slept in this morning which means (8:15 am). My husband works Sundays right now, so I usually find myself greeting the day with a cup of coffee, hopping around the internet, visiting your blogs and seeing what everyone else has been up to. I stumbled across The Scattered Life Collective and thought it would be a fun way to start out my day.
This is me at this moment:
CURRENT TIME: 8:55am
OUT THE WINDOW: Blue sky with dark, fluffy clouds, with a hint of morning sun. The world outside covered in morning frost.
LISTENING TO: Sunday Morning on the TV in the kitchen, the creaks of an old house awaking on a winter morning, a train suddenly interrupting this morning quiet with it's rumblings by.
ON THE MENU TODAY: Breakfast: Cinnamon rolls with eggs along with good conversation with our youngest daughter who's home for the weekend. Super Bowl Eats: Crock pot of little weenies & meatballs, vegetable tray, chips, beer and Seattle Seahawk decorated cupcakes with the whole family, as our oldest and her family arrive this afternoon with our little grandson!!! (I can't wait!)
HAPPY MOMENTS THIS WEEK:
- Long email exchange with my mom
- The warmth of the sun on my face (finally)
- A phone call from a dear friend wanting to make plans for a "girl weekend".
- Watching children play
- Big hugs from little people
- Toothless smiles (10 teeth dropped from the mouths of my 2nd graders in Jan.)
- Friday night in the studio with my husband as he works on a stain glass window and I sew:
- Kids home for the weekend
- Afternoon walks with Jackson
- A counter full of pink RSC scraps waiting...
- Good food and good wine:
I'm linking this post to The Scattered Life Collective. This was fun. Give it a try if ya find yourself with a quiet Sunday morning at hand.