Thursday, July 19, 2018

Fuse Your Batting Pieces!

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say, I have a pile of batting remnants. 
All different sizes. All taking up space. All unused.

Last week I was piecing the backing for a crib size quilt when I realized I didn't have the white batting I needed, yet I had numerous remnants of such. I then remembered some Heat Press Batting Together I had won during one of our many blog events, yet had absentmindedly tucked away.  

So I dug it out and set out to use it to "piece" five remnants of white batting together.  It was exceptionally easy as I just had to lay the batting edges together. Lay the tape of Heat Press Tape over the two edges and iron. This literally took me half the time it would if I sewed the batting together.
I used the 1.5 inch Heat Press Batting Together for this project.

I ended up creating a whole piece of batting that was flat and sturdy when I moved it.

Even better....there were no "bumpy" seams to quilt over. I loved that!
It was also invisible once I was finished quilting.
I so appreciate the wonderful sponsors of all our of blog events and appreciate having the opportunity to try out a new products like this one.  Here's a quick link: HEAT PRESS BATTING TOGETHER. I just wanted to share my success with it and give a shout out of gratitude to all our blog event sponsors. What do ya think? I mean just think: no more sewing batting remnants together! 


19 comments:

  1. Good reminder! I am able to use some smaller pieces in charity work, but I forget to fuse long bits for Project Linus quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep I have used that many times. I don't like wasting batting. Yay I could comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Val, thanks for sharing this . . . I'm such a silly girl, I have been saving my scrap pieces for pot holders, mug rugs and pincushions. This is a great idea, because my stash of batting scraps is growing much too large :)
    Happy Quilting!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I piece lots of batting scraps and it is a pain. This might be just the ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great tip and your instructions are very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And if you don't have the Heat Press Batting Together product, you can cut strips of lightweight fusible interfacing. (I have scraps of that to use up, too)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've used that for a long time. I really don't like sewing batting together; it's always lumpy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the review. My batting scraps are threatening to take over the closet. I’ve joined big pieces together by hand, but I have so many small pieces. This looks like a great solution to jigsaw them together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE fusible batting tape! I think I have a roll of this brand and I have used a few others. They all work really well and it's a great way to use up those leftover bits--and it's so fast! So glad you found it useful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have some of the fusible batting tape, but I've not tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't tried this yet, but as a longarm quilter, I have lots of batting scraps! In the past I have zigzagged the pieces together to create a Frankenstein battings for large quilts. I'll have to give the fusible batting tape a try.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've used that brand, and it works really well! Now I have roll of a different brand to try and a big pile of scraps. Maybe that will be tomorrow's project :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Since you have a long arm, I assume you buy your batting by the roll, so it is all the same. I always seem to have batting scraps from different battings that don't match which makes it harder to put pieces together. I've only used the zig-zag method, but i put the two edges on top of each other and trim the edges so the seam matches up perfectly.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blog is great. It’s very interesting Well written post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm trying to use up all my batting scraps in charity quilts. Most of my charity quilts have at least a couple of batting joins in them 😀 I have never tried the tape but always planned to. Now that I buy batting on rolls I don't have so many batting scraps building up which is good but there's always a big offcut piece or two sitting around waiting for the right size quilt 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it! Here I have been whip stitching the Frankenbatting together.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I too have a lot of scraps and will get some of that tape so that I can use some of it up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the post. I really need to get some and give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...