Wednesday, July 25, 2018

A Quilting Calculator

I use a Smartphone and wanted to share a very helpful ap I found to determine fabric yardage. I often  create my own quilts without even a pattern and am often left to geuss how much backing or binding I will need to finish it. Robert Kaufman Fabrics and Quilters Paradise teamed up to create: QuiltingCalc. 
There are a variety of subject areas to choose from as you can see below:

I have only used this to determine my backing, batting and binding but can 
tell you it has taken the guess work on determining how much fabric I need to finish a quilt.
You simple input your width of fabric being used, then unput width and length of your quilt top: 

Finally, press "calculate" and you'll be told how much yardage you will need.
I love it and just wanted to share a helpful ap with anyone of you who might have a Smartphone and might find yourself always guessing at how much backing, batting and binding you will need.

Create a post to join/rejoin us for this year's 

 Piggy Bank Challenge!

Note: This Linky is open until  August 1st. 
Please feel welcome to grab our "button" to help spread the work to all your readers.
Val's Quilting Studio
You know what they say:  a penny saved is a penny earned.
Click HERE to join us.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I only did so I don't miss out on photos of the grands!

      Delete
  2. Gosh, I have this app and I always forget to use it! Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is also Robert Kaufman app that I use for this purpose........enjoy reading your blog.....survivor972002@midco.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that app, too! It's really well done and useful :)

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...