Friday, March 20, 2015

Spring "Stay-cation"

The lights are out and the the door is locked. I'm officially on my Spring Break from teaching this next nine days! (I think we teachers look forward to this break more than the kids do!) 
While others are packing their bags to head to the beach or mountains with kids and family, I find the idea of staying home in my empty nest rejuvinating, especially as ol' man winter begins to fade away and my energy has returned since my surgery. I, of course, have a quilty list of  projects I want to accomplish, along with some spring cleaning in the yard. So, mostly to entertain & motivate myself, I plan to post a blog series this week titled: Stay-cation.  
Here's my Quilty List of things I'll be doing and sharing:
  1. Continue to work on my sewing room make-over. (Thank you btw to everyone for sharing your sewing room spaces and organizational tips this past week!!) I found the perfect round red rug!
  2. Quilt & bind my scrappy Rainbow Pinwheel Quilt.
  3. Finish hand sewing my wool sampler, then....
  4. Sketch & prep a wool table runner I want to make for my mom's house.
  5. Quilt a top for Project Linus
  6. Enjoy sewing my curved dots...slowly!
  7. Cut eye spy fabric and send happy mail (You know who you are!!)
  8. Finish another commission quilts and get them mailed. (Smiles!!)
  9. Piece, quilt and bind my ABC quilt
  10. Redo Sat. Sampler's into 12" blocks (Reminder to self: You DON'T do small well!)
  11. Jackson gets a playday and groomed
  12. Yard: trim roses, thatch yard, tackle weeds
  13. Relax: enjoy tea in the mornings, and stitching outside in the evenings with a glass of  wine.
  14. Fitness: Get my endurance back up to walking my three miles a day. I plan to walk 3miles a day, six times this Stay-ca. (Total miles so far: 18) YAH!!!!
I hope you'll stop by often and even find a little inpsiration!
I do have to go in for a half day this morning to wrap up report cards, lesson plans and Lysol my classroom!! LOL!! Then this girl is starting off her day-cation with a little yard work during the sunny afternoon and a backyard happy hour with the hubby. Stay tuned!

20 comments:

  1. Oh enjoy your staycation. I have 2 more weeks before we have "spring break".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a stay-cation is a marvelous idea and it looks like you have a list to keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your spring break! But your list doesn't look like you planned any time just to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay-cations are the best...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a WONDERFUL 10 days of fun Val! Being married to a teacher I can agree that the teachers are happier about breaks than the students.

    ReplyDelete
  6. enjoy your spring break! I always just love staying home too when I was working-as I had a very long commute back than which I do not miss at all

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the perfect Stay-cation Val! Hope you enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that little people photo is so cute!
    i'll be off from the 28th-6th myself from little pre-k minions, and i really need to get a list like this made so i know what i have on my plate to do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely to hide away in your gorgeous sewing room, Val and start ticking off that list of yours. Doing a happy dance for you. Have the best stay-cation!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you're going to need a vacation when your staycation is over, lol! That's quite the list. Move #14 to the top :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nice week you are going to have! A good staycation plan indeed! Hugs to Jackson, bet he will be even more adorable after his spa day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your Staycation! Hubby and I also did a backyard happy hour this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LIke a true teacher, you've given yourself assignments to make the most of this week--but it does look like fun. Enjoy your stay-cation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Val!
    I always liked a staycation! Looks like you'll have a creative time!
    Stitching outside! We're not quite that warm here! Enjoy Being!
    Take care,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Val!
    I always liked a staycation! Looks like you'll have a creative time!
    Stitching outside! We're not quite that warm here! Enjoy Being!
    Take care,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love sewcations and I'm taking one right now!! I hope you enjoy yours inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Staycations can be so relaxing. Enjoy yours. We just finished up our spring break trip. We still have a teenager who wants to "do something" while she's off.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It sounds like you've got a great plan. I hope you get most or all of your items crossed off.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stay-cations are the best!!! I took three days off last week but unfortunately, was sick with a head cold the entire time. I did not get to my list of to do's and I got behind on my blog reading. Ugh...I'm in the process of catching up on the reading at least.

    Your list is very ambitious but I'm sure you will accomplish a lot!

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...