Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tuesday Archives #56: Panels

Welcome to the linky party that rejuvenates your old quilting/sewing posts! 
Please click here to read more about this linky party.  
Val's Quilting Studio

This week's theme is: Panels 

Have you made panels into quilts, pillows, or something? Are there some in your archives that need rejuvinating? Or maybe you have some in your stash that need some "dusting off"? Well, all's I can tell ya is, after seeing this panel quilt at Sue Daurio's Quilting Adventures blog last year, I have never looked at panels the same way! Sue's quilting is always inspiring. The variety of details she used made this panel come alive don't ya think! 




7 comments:

  1. The only panels I have used were given to me and they all ended up in charity quilts. I love the panel in Sue' s quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue's quilting is just awesome and she makes anything she touches just dazzle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Doesn't the quilting bring out the picture. I have never used a panel so I have nothing on the archives. I may have made a couple of coasters or post cards that came with panels. The panels are tucked away somewhere.
    I have been looking at your stay at home vacation posts. They are great.
    valspierssews@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue's quilting of the panel is wonderful. I've never used a panel, but I have thought one would be useful for practising FMQ. I've been looking round and these are all inspirational. Thanks for the show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No panel quilts here.. but that one sure is cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are absolutely right that the quilting makes the panel come alive. I've always said that panels are a great way to practice machine quilting skills (especially for beginners) and then at the end you have a lovely baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...