Saturday, March 28, 2015

Stay-cation Day 8: Little Letters Finish

From the design wall to being quilted...
I'm nearing the end of my little stay-cation with another WIP done!

My version of the Temecula Quilt Co. QAL is a little different since I didn't use sashing or cornerstones. I like that is was a stash buster (I have soooo much 30's fabrics). It will make an adorable crib quilt measuring a nice 42"x 56". 
 

I couldn't resist quilted it using my ABC/123 pantograph:

So what's left on the ol' stay-cation list?? A few things...but that is a-okay with me. I got some WIP done. My walking mileage is built back up (Tomorrow I'll have 18 miles walked this week!) I puttered and relaxedBest of all, I have some slow stitching to look forward to as I enjoy sewing this Little Letters binding down right here in my favorite afternoon spot:
BTW...what ya think of the purple backing? I haven't used a lot of purple. But since the recipient of this quilt is unknown, I wanted to make sure it was unisex. My mom uses lavender often when knitting baby blankets, so I followed her lead and thought it was the perfect compliment to this scrappy finish. (And the yellow binding coordinates perfectly with its little flowers.) 

Tonight will find us winding down with friends coming over for dinner, wine and a little card playing. Then tomorrow, Jackson and I are off for a country drive to his breeder. He'll get his playday, spring grooming and be such a good looking boy afterwards!  I'll share his day with ya tomorrow after we get home, especially because so many of you enjoy his presence here on the ol' blog and are pet lovers yourself.
Until then, thanks for stopping by. Hope your weekend is going well.


19 comments:

  1. great baby quilt, love the purple backing

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ABC quilt is great. Love the purple backing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the backing and binding is lovely. Great finish. Glad you enjoyed your staycation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how you made the ABC quilt your own! The backing and binding just add to the fun of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been following your week. It looks like you've had the perfect spring break. Love the purple, by the way, and the yellow binding. Isn't sewing outdoors the best? Such good light!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good job. Cards...I'll be right over! No surprise I like you, we have a lot in common. Cards, walking, dog lovers, quilting! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another lovely quilt, Val. The lavender backing is perfect; it teams perfectly with the yellow binding. Great job on the quilting as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Val! Stitching ouside! Sitting in a relaxing chair outside in the afternoon! You are really having great Spring weather! Great to hear that your Spring break was so Springy! Thanks for the link. I'll work on that later this week.
    Take care,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling quilt! Sounds like a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Little Letters quilt turned out great! I love the purple backing and yellow binding.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The most comfortable quilts seem to be the ones made from 30s fabrics. I think that might be because all the quilts I saw as a kid were made with those prints. Anyway, your alphabet quilted with the alpha and numbers panto is perfect for a comfy baby quilt.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet quilt! The purple backing with those delightful flowers and the yellow binding are a perfect finish. Love the quilting panto, too! A lovely quilt and just the right size for a new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely darling! I love the yellow binding. I used to think purple was a girl color, but my older boys love purple. Really a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the yellow binding with the lavender back - very fresh! The quit is totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this adorable quilt Val! The quilting is wonderful too! The purple backing works great - all the colors are like springtime flowers. You sure had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you are having a wonderful stay-cation! The lavender back adds to the cheeriness of your little quilt. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That sounds like the perfect staycation to me! I love that you've got the alphabet in it twice - it's like a secret echo of the piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is adorable Val... I think the purple is perfect... It sure looks like you enjoyed your stay-cation!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute; I love the way you worked with a variety of fabrics and combined them into a unified whole.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...