Thursday, March 26, 2015

Stay-cation Day 6: My ABC Flimsy

Welcome to day six for those of you "following" along and keeping me company during my little "Spring Stay-cation" I'm having. I spent the better part of the morning getting my ABC quilt top finished! YAH ME!!! Seriously, I think this Temecula Quilt Co. Little Letters QAL started back in September. I got sidetracked through the winter months...and it's one of those finishes that feels great to have done! 
This Little Letters flimsy measures 46"x52" and was made using my 30's repro stash!
Buttttt....as eager as I was to get this on the long-arm, I quickly discovered I don't have enough fabric for the back. Darn it! Now I have to go to the quilt store!! LOL!  Hey! What's a vacation without a little fabric shopping....right! So today, my guy got off early and now starts his weekend. I'm taking a break from the sewing room and I think we are going to get in some Costco shopping and yes, stop at that fabric store on the way! Thanks for stopping by and taking a look see...until tomorrow...

15 comments:

  1. Val, your ABC flimsy is soooo cute! You picked out the perfect fabrics for it! Your week has been great - hope your weekend is the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I printed out all the directions but I never started my version of the ABC quilt. I wanted to just use fabrics from my scrap basket but I wasn't sure how it would look. Seeing your version gives me new ideas. . . . and I think I will have to work on these blocks as soon as I get a couple of UFO projects done.

    Thank you for the eye candy! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow such a sweet quilt top! Bravo Valerie, your color choice is really nice, I love these naive 30's prints. What happened to you for the backing, for me is the usual case. So for my last Liberty quilt top I decided not to order fabric again, and to try a pieced backing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your letters! Will it become a classroom quilt?
    I really feel badly for you.... having to shop. I always buy extra backing so I have some of it for the next quilts. Feed the Stash!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your use of different prints for the background fabric. They make it really playful. I didn't only run out of backing for my 2014 Rainbow sampler last week, I ran out of wadding too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A trip to the fabric store is a must for a stay-cation. Happy fossicking amongst all those shelves of pretty fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't even have 1/2 the letters done yet. I better put it on a list. I often have quilting stay cations as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! It looks great. A stop at the local fabric store isn't a chore when it is during a staycation! :) Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the way this came out! Got my package today....thanks. Yours will go out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving your quilt top! The scrappy border is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great alphabet quilt! looks like you had a great quilt staycation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your alphabet quilt! You sure have been making short work of your UFO's!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to get this fun quilt finished! Did you buy just enough fabric for the backing, or did you find some other fabric that just really needed a new home? That's always so difficult when I walk in a fabric shop - much of the fabrics call my name, 'Take me home, Barb. Take me home!"

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...