Thursday, July 25, 2013

Baby Boy Quilt...I goofed up!

Happy Needle and Thread Thursday! I'm making my first boy/grandson quilt. (He's due in October) My plan A:  I had originally intended on turning this into a Twister quilt....but I absentmindedly cut my fat quarters into 9 inch squares instead of 10 in squares. (sad face) So now my Plan B: I'm thinking of quilting  it with either a cute dinosaur or circle pantograph. 

I have this turquoise with brown dot for the backing and the brown 
with polka-dots for the binding. So it's going to come together well.

 I got a little bummed that I goofed up.
But in the end, I think it's going to look real cute with some special quilting.
Still smiling...
Val:)

PS: This is the "Twister" quilt pattern I intended on making. 

4 comments:

  1. What are you doing, posting this at 4:45 AM!!??!lol!!! I love how it came out and you might as well just long arm some dinos on there!! :) It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree dinos would be perfect!!!And cute! The 4:45am post....Just couldn't sleep....but I did have a nap around 1:00pm. (I'm a teacher loving summer break!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I was thinking you could take remove a few seams and have 4 patches and then cut them to make the Double 4 patch oversized. Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those colors are great Val! Bummer on cutting too small for the Twister, but I still love it!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...