Monday, July 21, 2014

Design Wall Monday: My WIP

So over the weekend, I got these:
...turned into this...with the one mistake that the above cream was "suppose" to be where,  for some reason unknown to me, I put a pink, as pointed out below??? 
Seriously, have you ever done that!?
I texted the above picture back and forth to my mom, as this quilt is for her and we had put the row of fabrics together as shown here. Problem with a Chevron pattern I've learned, is once you get to this stage, it's pretty much impossible to "move rows around." But now that it's morning and I have a large cup of coffee at hand, I think it's going to be "okay" without that additional cream.  I mean, as my daughter said:
 "Mom, she's not hanging it on a wall. It's going to be used like mine":
Good Point!
Linking up with everyone else at Judy's Design Wall Monday.
With smiles!
Val:)

17 comments:

  1. If everyone is happy with it (I think it is a pleasing layout), don't stress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, have done that before. . . and sewn rows upsidedown. . . those HAVE to be ripped LOL I think it looks good and your daughter is right, when it is all bunched up on your mom's lap, no one is going to say "Goodness, I can't believe Val did not put a cream strip in there!" :) Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks fine! And of course your daughter is right...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now Val, you know I never make mistakes! Silly you, I agree with your daughter, she will love it. And if you did not point it out no one would have noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hate it when things like that happen. Sometimes though it turns out to be a winner. Who knows but you (and now the rest of us) what it was supposed to be?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've done that too. It looks great without the other row of beige and since your Mom agrees, sounds like it's a case of impromptu design, not an error at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you are going through, It happened to me something similar with my chevron baby quilt, and at the end I did not do what I had planned at the begining! Yours looks very good as it is anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She'll love it just like that. Plus, it's looks just fine to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure what the problem is....I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As quilters, we are always much too hard on ourselves. Your Mom will love it! And it looks great! Perhaps your doggie assistant rearranged the fabrics when you weren't looking...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is there enough cream to make a border or use as binding?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Been there, done that! Life is too short to fuss over this one. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you hadn't told us, we would never have know that the cream was supposed to be there! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've put pieces in upside down and not noticed until after I've quilted them. Twice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have had that same problem, Val! Once the HST's are done, your layout is set! I just read your finish post on this one and it looks amazing though. Super cute quilting.

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...