Sunday, November 30, 2014

ALYofF Nov. Wonky Scrappy Stars Finish-UPDATED!

Admittably, THIS has been my BIGGEST ALYofF goal this year. More times than not, I asked myself why I chose THIS as my goal right now!!!It's been awhile since I've tackled a queen size quilt. There were numerous moments I did not think I'd make my goal this month as it got a little overwhelming. But thankfully, I got an extra snow day from school, my walks were lessoned due to the weather and my husband worked some 8 to 8 shifts. So I perservered...knowing I couldn't give up, this close to the end. I sewed rows together and added two borders. I made a back with a scrappy row down the middle to give me that extra foot of width I needed:
Rows sewn together and borders added.
Backing was made.
  

I ironed six yards of fabric as even though I was lucky enough to find my backing for 35% OFF... it unfortunately had those deep crinkled wrinkles in it...like it was sitting in a sale bin too long...LOL!
Six yards of backing got ironed.

It took me the rest of a Sunday morning to get it all loaded on the long-arm, and then a couple of days after school/work to quilt it.  I love this Fancy Star pantograph and thought it complimented the quilt well. 
Fancy Star Pantograph in a black
solid thread adds to this quilt's Primitive style.


And here it is FINISHED on our guest room bed:

Jackson couldn't resist getting in on the "photo shoot" and wanted me to make sure I showed you the black 3inch black border along with the 6inch scrappy border:

And if you were our guest and woke up under this cozy quilt, here's that view:
I can't tell you how very HAPPY I am to have this WIP done!!
It's such a collection of Buggy Barn learning projects/classes that have been sitting around for years.  I also feel pretty thrifty having them all put together into a primitive sytle quilt and even better there is practically NO fabric left over!! LOVE THAT don't you!?
WHEW!!! I'm done!
THANK YOU for the motivation:
Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts and Melissa of Sew BitterSweet Designs. Click  and stop by and check out everyone's November finishes and  Hey! Thanks a bunch for stopping by to see mine.

ALYoF2014
With Smiles,
Val:)

24 comments:

  1. You did it! I love it and I love pieced backings. I know what you mean about the creases. I have to use starch to get them out. I look forward to more pictures. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find popping those wrinkles in the dryer with a damp towel removes most of them to ease the ironing. And it is on the frame!! Super!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aughhhh I used starch like Jane recommended, but will remember that damp cloth tip! THANKS!

      Delete
  3. This is a big success and the quilting compliments it perfectly! I hate ironing those wrinkles but the other comments have good suggestions. Today we tackle the Christmas decorating and then the real fun begins - baking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful and large finish. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a Great Panto and from what I see the quilt is gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing it when it is completed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilt Val. The pantograph is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always feels good to have a finish. The quilting really looks great

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous...can't wait till tomorrow! Love the quilting too!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  9. The damp cloth works wonders. Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks terrific can't wait to see out completed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow looks great. I love the big stars and the plain blocks that you have scattered

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks fantastic, so welcoming and comfy perfect for a guest room. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Val!
    The quilt looks so cozy! And the room so welcoming!
    That was quite the challenge! Congratulations! Enjoy!
    What a great start to December!
    take care,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really love this quilt Val! It is Very Cozy looking and adds such a wonderful homey touch to the bedroom! Who wouldn't love to wake up to that view, especially if Jackson was included!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely quilt, and I love Jackson, he is too cute

    ReplyDelete
  16. It turned out fabulous. Great snuggle quilt. Nice that Jackson agreed to be the model in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Terrific finish! It looks fantastic on the bed and perks the whole room up. I really love that panto for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks great Val! I love Buggy Barn patterns and have made couple over the years and have a couple more in my stash to make. Thank you to you and Jackson for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the look of this quilt! It is so inviting...just need a crackling fire, a good book and a favorite drink and you are set! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a nice finish right before Christmas!! It's so cozy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love love love love...did I mention LOVE this quilt! It was SO warm on our holiday visit...you are lucky I didn't sneak it in my bag to bring home!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks like the Quilt Muses lined up all the stars to push you to finish this last year. Love the wonky plaid cabins. This is a cozy one for sure and a welcome sight for any guest!

    ReplyDelete
  23. As you see by my previous comment, I sure do love this quilt Val!

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...