Sunday, November 23, 2014

Quick Baby Gifts Made

I love making oversized receiving blankets for new babies out of soft quilter's flannel.
Our oldest daughter also loved these little infant pacifiers when our grandson was born, so I add one of those too. (They are called: WubbaNubs) (Each blanket measure 42" square...which leaves me a little extra fabric from the yard and half that I purchase, to make a matching burp cloth for mom or dad's shoulder.)

I found this fun Urban Zoologie Flannel on clearance and couldn't resist these monkeys: 

And, admittably, these elephants are my favorite:

I also matched a cute little catepillar with this soft Riley Blake butterfly flannel:
I can't wait to wrap them all up and gift them to some expectant moms I know.
I'm also curious to know...Do you have a quick "go-to" gift you like to make?
Hope ya got in a little sewing yourself this weekend.
With smiles,
Val:)


16 comments:

  1. What fantastic baby gifts! Your fabric choices are spot on. I have never seen those pacifiers, they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pacifiers are the best! Once we bought those, we never had to buy pacifiers again, we always lost them without the wubbanubs! LOVE love love the color choices and the elephants are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks daughter for stopping by the ol' ladies blog!! LOL!!!

      Delete
  3. Awesome gifts! I always make a tied flannel blanket that is 42 x 54.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Val, these are darling! I love the addition of the paci. These are so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My go to gift is books. But, boy oh boy, this will be my new one! Val, they are perfect! I love your fabrics and the more burp cloths you have the better. And super cute passies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look so cosy for a baby to snuggle in very nice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute, absolutely perfect baby gifts. I don't usually make gifts, it's rare that I have enough time to finish them, so I've leaned not to start.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm love your quilts and toys... Yes I do. I make very easy towelling bibs. They are made in one piece. Have a ribbing neckband and fit OVER the head. My daughters friend is expecting in January so I will have to make some.... Watch my posts... Now I had better go get a good size bath towel and get started....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sew sweet.
    I have my pot holder sets that I have not had time to finish... That's what usually happens when I decide to make gifts. There just isn't enough time... or I start something else with a deadline.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great fabrics! I love how they coordinated w/the wubbanubs. Do you have a tute for the blankets and burp cloths?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You pick and pair up the cutest fabrics Val! Very sweet gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These little blankets and matching wubbanubs are absolutely adorable! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pacifiers are just the added touch. I like the idea of sewing up a burp cloth, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pacifiers are just the added touch. I like the idea of sewing up a burp cloth, too.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...