"It's so easy for you, you're creative."
Has anyone ever said that to you?
I'm always a little bewildered when I'm told this, as in reflection, for me, being a creative person has been anything but easy and truth be told, it's kinda exhausting. My husband and mom can often be found telling me to relax as I'm always doing two things at once. But, I truly can't help it. I'm a life enthusiast. I keep my hair pixie short as there's not enough hours in a day to do everything I want to do, but I know my hair isn't one of them!
I'm a thinker. A watcher. I'm imaginative and crave individuality. I love thinking outside the box. But, let me tell you, it's taken a lot of bad ideas in order to make my way to a few good ones.
I embrace my failures. I face life's hardest challenges with a conquering spirit.
For me, being creative is not a hobby, but a way of life.
That's not easy is it?
Well, Spring has sprung and so has my motivation to create a "bucket list" of creative experiences I want to fill my upcoming summer with. I'm craving a creative change, though at this very moment, I have no idea what that will look like. Thus, when I saw that Eventbrite is spreading this cool message: "Experiences, Not Things", I wanted to join in as sometimes, our "giftedness" can be found through the most unassuming experiences. I truly believe we all possess skills that are just waiting to be discovered. So I'm pushing myself out of my comfort zone and I thought it was cool to find a website full of events in our own zip code to help me do so.
Let the journey begin.
Here we go...my summer bucket list of experiences:
(Check out this tool that makes having get togethers like hiking or going to concerts with friends and family easier.)
- Go to a concert. Okay, okay, I saw Glen Campbell in Vegas when I was very young, and Lionel Richie in Phoenix while in college. I seriously need to improve this list.
- Go on a hiking/yurt trip with my hubby. Summer hiking rejuvenates my soul!
- Take an Art Quilting class...my journal is overflowing with ideas. I need to experiment with new techniques and challenges.
- Do something totally new just for the fun of it!! (Something from my Pinterest pages??)
- Go on a wine tasting tour with friends
I hope you follow along as I set out to nurture my desire to live a creative life...
one student, one quilt, one experience at a time...creating something extraordinary from the ordinary!