Sunday, April 6, 2014

Triangle QAL Rows

I spent the afternoon sewing my triangles into rows.  I had a Lifetime movie on in the way background and a live stream of an eagle's nest we are following at school. As you may have read here, I'm teaching my second graders about the Life-cycles of  nature. We are watching  this live eagles nest and they are keeping journals about it. Well, two of the eaglets hatched at the end of our school week and the third is starting to hatch today...so I had  this live stream on today too. (My mom also watches ...so we had fun chatting and texting) If you are a nature buff, you can follow them here.  It's so amazing.
 

It took me about 30 minutes to sew my first row of 14 triangles together. I was getting a little worried as it was coming out VERY crooked, until l I figured out the value of this little notch! Can you hear the hark angels singing!!??? Whew! Lesson learned.

I made this endeavor a little more difficult as I'm creating a "picture" with my triangles. I finally got the hang of things & ended my sewing afternoon with seven of my 12 rows sewn together. YAH!!!! My Goal is to have this quilt top completed for a Friday finish. 

Oh and this Tuesday Archive themes are: BINDINGS: whether it's your favorite bindings, a quilt roll, or a tutorial. And, anything and everything BIRDS. Stop by and share!
 Val's Quilting Studio
Until Tuesday,
Happy Sewing!
Val:)

15 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what your 'picture' is. I have enjoyed seeing all the different tops evolving over on the flicker group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!!! Me too!!!!! Can't wait to see your picture!!!!!! I am still trying to see mine!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Val! I've got three rows of triangles sewn - and have sewn two of the three together. I was so excited that most of my points lined up exactly (and the others are so close it's hard to notice). I just hope all my other rows line up as well. :-)
    I'm looking forward to everyone's finished tops. For so many entries, they are all completely different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are moving right along on this project! My husband has watched the eagles in his classroom too... if the kids are well behaved they get to watch more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are doing great with your triangles! Those lifetime movies, I have to be careful or I get sucked in!
    Baby eagles, how sweet and so wonderful and exciting for the children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Lifetime movies can get me started on a full-blown emotional movie marathon which l leaves me with red eyes, lots of mushy tissues, and no idea what planet Im on. You are brave to put yourself at risk. Lol. I did 6 rows of triangle s today. Looks like we are all doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You quilt is looking good! My triangles are going to have a day or two wait until I complete my current project. Hope to be sewing along soon ... Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Val, loving what I'm seeing already. Only have 3 rows done on mine, planning to get going on Monday. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good so far! I really like this quilt. Not finished all my rows yet but hoping to catch up after the week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bird watching while quilting! I' haven't started sewing them together yet so it will be next week but I can't wait - loving this project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing the eagle's nest. Love it!
    That kind of flows right into tomorrow's theme.... bindings - Ha! Ha!
    I have made a bunch of paper pieced birds, including an eagle. I hope I've got pictures of it.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of the eagles flowing into our bird theme tomorrow...can't wait to see what ya have to share!:)

      Delete
  12. Love your color choices! You certainly keep busy while you quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like how yours is coming together. Thought about participating, but the time got away from me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been wanting to join in the triangle fun, and it certainly looks like you are have a whole lot of fun with yours. Great colors, I can't wait to see it all together. Thanks for the link on the Eagles, so cool.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...